Geese

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Geese

Postby wtrfwlr » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:07 am

I hunt ducks just because goose season isn't in yet, but I'll take a honker over a limit of ducks anyday. I don't know why but geese just get my blood pumpin more than ducks. I realize this is duckhuntingchat.com but goosehuntingchat.com is really not as good of a format as this site. So let me hear from all you goose lovers.
wtrfwlr
hunter

Postby duckhntr82 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:37 pm

Well i can go both ways....lol well when it comes to hunting anyways.

but i do like to see a big honk with its feet down.
Scott Juda
duckhntr82
hunter

Postby fairgamedq » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:09 pm

I love hunting ducks and geese alike but there is just somethin about walking out with two honkers compaired to 6 ducks that sets them apart from duck hunting.
fairgamedq
hunter

Postby chrispbrown27 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:26 am

Well, if I would have been hunting Southern Illinois back in the good ole days then I bet geese would be it, but lets face it the good ole days aren't now. I personally love going after ducks. (not that Southern Illinois is a hotspot for them either) I don't know why but there ain't nothing in the world like having a big ole fat greenhead swing and swing on ya. And those divers. Ya see em coming down the pipe and you better have the gun up and ready to rock or they're by ya before ya know it. God I do love this sport!
Chris
chrispbrown27
hunter

Postby wtrfwlr » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:51 pm

Yeah ducks are cool but watching 200+ working geese tornadoing your dekes and watching them come down from the heavens it seems like. That gets my **** hard, but ya know i'm not prejudice i'll kill ducks just alike.
wtrfwlr
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting