central Illinios hunting

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, Illinois-Ducker

central Illinios hunting

Postby Yamaharcing39 » Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:44 pm

i was wondering if anyone has any information they want to share on hunting spots in the central illinios area. right now i do most of my hunting on Braidwood/Mazonia and the Des Plaines River
Yamaharcing39
hunter

Postby kilndux » Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:18 pm

sup man, i cant offer you anything cuz the hunting sucks this year. Im from the joliet area and have only killed about 70 ducks this year. Its slow. Lots of birds in the fields near Morris. Havent been to Braidwood ro Heideckie yet. Any luck??
I'd rather be hunting.
kilndux
hunter

Central Illinois Duck Hunting is Tough...

Postby jeff fewell » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:22 am

Im from Springfield ,IL and I havent hunted this year but i have hunted public ground in past years...i hear this season hasnt been that good so far...Im looking to lease ground for next season. if i can help you withany info please e-mail me at burls1059@insightbb.com

Jeff fewell
jeff fewell

Postby adman » Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:10 pm

I hunt the public areas around Peoria. We are real slow right now but hope for a change soon. The best spots around P Town are on the river, Woodford, Sparland, Marshal, Rice Lake, Banner. Any of these can be hot at times. Woodford being my favorite.
To hunt the river you will need a boat and motor (16' & 20hp or better is recomended). I've seen guys hunt with just a few dozen decoys but I never throw less than 150, most days we have between 200-300 duck and 60 goose decoys.
The blinds are on a seasonal basis but if a blind is not calimed on a particular day it is open for the draw. There have been plenty of blinds go N/H (no hunters) so I'm sure the chance to hunt is there. The draw is one hour before shooting time, all blind owners have to claim their blind by then. Everything else is open for the draw.
I think that the only spot to charge a fee is Banner ($10/gun per day).
adman
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting