carlyle walk -ins

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

carlyle walk -ins

Postby fairgamedq » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:36 pm

Anyone in southern illinois goin to try there luck at the walk-ins opening morning??
fairgamedq
hunter

Postby chrispbrown27 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:33 am

Opening morning on public land! Nothing like it. LOL Every moron and their brother thinkin they're the best. I don't include myself in this cause I know I don't know jack. LOL But at least I can admit it!
I've never hunted Carlyle, but I bet it's an adventure.
I am thinking about hittin the main lake at Rend opening morning, but then again I might just end up down at Mermet. I'll be alone so that may be the best plan.
I would love to go out at Carlyle with someone that knows it. Anyone that would be willing to take me out send me a message. Don't worry about me stealin your spot it's too far to drive but a couple times a season. We could maybe trade a hunt or something. Rend, Mermet, Union county, some down at Horseshoe, and late season I hit Oakwood quite a bit.
Chris
chrispbrown27
hunter

Postby thebiggrfigr » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:53 pm

Carlyle would be a good bet opening morning. I am debating on going there myself. I am going out scouting tomorrow morning around Oakwood and the scatters and if i dont see anything that tickles my fancy i will be there. Everyone goes to parking lot 1,2 at carlyle but me and my buds go to lot 3. It doesnt have the crops but it has a nice slough and what they call smart weed. We have really wacked em in there. Carlyle should be holding the most ducks around here at that time
:getdown:
thebiggrfigr
hunter

Postby fairgamedq » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:54 pm

I know last year was abosolutly insane opening morning it was raining shot all morning. I hunted carlyle at least once a weekend last year and did pretty good most mornings. But there are some morons that hunt there that camp out on there boats, last year we got out there a 1am and still didnt get the spot we wanted and then we watched the people hunting there leave early without a limit. As of right now carlyle is holding the most ducks in the southern area. Parking lot 3 is a good bet opening morning. and to the trading hunt cris that could work we'll have to stay in touch.
fairgamedq
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting