For the Southern boys

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, Illinois-Ducker

For the Southern boys

Postby chrispbrown27 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:43 am

Do you guys think that since opening morning is also Thanksgiving (which I personally think is an after thought this year LOL) that there will be less pressure or will there be even more pressure cause so many people will have four day weekends? I'm kinda torn on this one. On one hand, I think a lot of guys will stay at home for family obligations leave the more hardcore hunters to go at it alone. On the other hand, there will be alot of people that will be off of work and could take advantage of it. The past few years the Thursday opener has lessened the pressure a bit. A lot of weekend warriors have burnt vacation time for deer season and just decide to wait for the weekend. All I can do is hope for the best.
Chris
chrispbrown27
hunter

Postby wspiller » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:02 am

I think evey whistledick that owns a gun and has seen a duck will be out :thumbsdown: but i also think they will leave by 9 30 to get home so... maybe it wont be that bad just my opinion Good Luck to all
wspiller
hunter

Postby chrispbrown27 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:02 am

I'm afraid you're right, but I can still hope. The original plan was to hit Rend Lake opening morning, but the more I hear the more I think this isn't going to be such a good idea. I'll probably end up back down at Mermet. At least there if ya don't draw a blind the walk-in areas are pretty much wide open.
Chris
chrispbrown27
hunter

Postby fairgamedq » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:30 pm

I think it will be nuts as well opening morning but i do think it will thin out pretty early at least thursday anyway. I think just waiting it out could pay off some.
fairgamedq
hunter

Postby wtrfwlr » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:48 pm

It's going to be totally stupidly nuts especially on rend, but i do agree it will thin out so stick with it. I plan on being at my spot before midnight and as soon as midnight hits i plan on being at my spot. What's a seven hour wait to kill some birds.
wtrfwlr
hunter

Postby fairgamedq » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:47 pm

I know if u want a spot on carlyle lake, if your hunting from a boat or freelancing on state ground you will prolly have to camp out all night if u want a certian spot. If your are gona hunt the walkins ull need your running shoes, last year there were bikes and carts and people running everywhere as soon as they let you go.
fairgamedq
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting