Made a trip to Rend this morning.

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Made a trip to Rend this morning.

Postby chrispbrown27 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:36 pm

While everyone else was out chasing deer I decided to head up to Rend and have a looksy. Took the boat out on its first run since I finished up the blind and things worked out great. Saw quite a few ducks flying, mostly on the refuge, but jumped quite a few off the shore and in the backwater. A mix of teal, woodies, and quite a few mallards. Even spied some divers sittin out in the main body of the lake, but couldn't tell ya what kind they were. The best part is the number of geese I saw. Really wasn't expecting to see many at all. I wouldn't say there were a ton of em by any means, but there were enough to warrant throwing some floaters out this weekend. It's looking like it's gonna be a good opener for those who hunt Rend.
And the waders did the deed. No leaks, so I don't have to put in a rather unpleasant call to LL Bean and man is 5 mm a whole different world from 3mm.
Good luck guys and lets hope the time flies.
Chris
Vegetarian- Indian word for lousy hunter.
chrispbrown27
hunter

Postby fairgamedq » Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:31 pm

Thats awesome!!! I think im headin to carlyle tomorrow morning to see what i can see at the walkins. Ill let everyone no what i seen tomorrow.
fairgamedq
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting