Almost Here

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, Illinois-Ducker

Almost Here

Postby fairgamedq » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:46 pm

Finally duck season is almost open for the south zone. Just three days till hammer time. Im already starting to loose sleep thinking about it. Im ready like it was wed. night. haha. Are all you other southern boys ready to wackem or what??
fairgamedq
hunter

Postby chrispbrown27 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:36 am

I've been losing sleep for months not. Thinking about the blind, what decoys to take, where I'm gonna hunt, etc, etc. Now that it's this close I realize I still got some things to do and I'm gonna be cuttin it close! Why does work always get in the way of the better things in life??? Overall I guess I'm ready to put a hurt on em, but I'm a bit anal so nothing is ever gonna be perfect.
Good luck guys and be safe.
Chris
Vegetarian- Indian word for lousy hunter.
chrispbrown27
hunter

Postby thebiggrfigr » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:55 am

Couldn't be more ready. I have been scouting the last several days. We picked up some birds with that last push but not a butt-load so there is definitely more to come. Built me a duck flag out of my ext. fiberglass crappie pole cant wait to try it I think it is going to work out fine. My dog just got out of heat so she should be on her game. Funny story, when i was out scouting @ the Scatters, My GF and I took about a mile walk to a certaing section of the swamp, when we got to this one paticular place i like to hunt there were two kids camped out there and they got there Thurs. That is just crazy. I hope they kill some birds for their effort they should, as i saw several birds in the scatters. My buddy and I are taking his stepson out it will be his first trip. We are going to draw at Union and if we dont get one of the first 2-4 draws depending on the wind we are headed to the scatters. I am so excited i just hope we can get the boy on some ducks....Good Luck everyone....give me a good report on opening day.....JT :getdown:
thebiggrfigr
hunter

Postby chrispbrown27 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:25 pm

My opening morning plans got screwed up by a buddy who just got out of the Army. The guy used to be a fool for duckin and I was glad he was back so I'd have someone to hunt with again. Well, a buddy invited me to hunt his blind opening morning, and this is one of those invites that you don't pass on, but I told him that I needed to find out if my old friend was gonna go. So, I waited and called up my old buddy and he can't go. Of course, by now the other buddies blind is full. He told me he would make room for me if worse came to worse, but I don't wanna bump anyone out. So, here it is one day and a wake up away and I have no idea where I'm heading. I've got a few options, but I just don't know what I wanna take a chance on.
Oh well, no matter what I'll be tossin dekes opening mornin no matter what!
Give em hell guys and be safe!
Chris
Vegetarian- Indian word for lousy hunter.
chrispbrown27
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting