Pryamid state park

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Pryamid state park

Postby sioutdoors » Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:22 pm

anybody hunt Pramid state park in southern Illinois
belly up feet kicking
http://sihunters.blogspot.com/
sioutdoors
hunter

Postby wspiller » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:17 pm

what ya wanna know?
wspiller
hunter

Pyramid

Postby DetectDave » Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:11 am

I drove by the Captain area Sunday afternoon and saw a buttload of blackfeet (800 or so) on the ground in a short field adjacent to the road. Lots of big ducks buzzing them. This was juts a bit east and on the south side of the road from the lR/R car loading facility. A bit further east of their I saw a lot of big ducks in the air as well doing touch and go's. All on field and not H2O. I haven't hunted there so I can't comment on that.
DetectDave
hunter

pyramid

Postby oochopper » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:11 pm

pyramid is a hard place to kill birds. i have hunted it alot. you will most of the time see alot of birds , and kill few. they all know where the refuge on the superlake is. Everynow and then after all your hard work at trying to kill ducks and geese youll have a good day. hard work i mean packing decoys far to get to some fields birds are using. I hunted a field last year that the birds were tearing up for 2 days straight, and set up in same place and just like they were and nothing, they would give us a look but would always end up on superlake. in my opinion pyramid is kind of poor. if you go to main office and ask about whats been killed up there and they will most of time say about 20 ducks a few geese. thats for 50 draw spots and a couple thousand acres of walkin spots. its the place to be if you want to watch birds suck in 200 yards away from you with one live duck all day long. I talk bad but I still like going up there .
oochopper
hunter

Pryamid

Postby sioutdoors » Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:54 pm

as of dec 5 they killed around 650 ducks and about 60 geese. sunday saw alot on new geese and ducks. The cut with stakes in the 20 #'s had ben closed for ramp repairs they are going to open it wednesday. Herd that the birds wer using it like a refuge. Might be good place to try and draw. Also had alot of birds work us on a freelance spot. they wer very shy. killed a bull can and a gadwall.
belly up feet kicking
http://sihunters.blogspot.com/
sioutdoors
hunter

Postby wspiller » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:36 pm

ill be out there at least 1 time between thurs and sunday
wspiller
hunter

pyramid

Postby oochopper » Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:27 pm

is those duck numbers since they opened to public a few years back if so not to good for the number of birds i see there.
oochopper
hunter

Postby duckhntr82 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:09 pm

For public land the numbers seem pretty good to me.
Scott Juda
duckhntr82
hunter

Postby djv » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:13 pm

those are the kill number for this year. and it sounds pretty good to me. i hunt a small club about a mile north of super lake and there are a bunch of ducks there. i mean a bunch. the geese have yet to arrive but there are a few. our pit killed 3 on monday and all three were banded. there was about 15 of them so i'm assuming all were banded. thank God my wife made me sleep in!
djv
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting