union county

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

union county

Postby oochopper » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:24 pm

I talked to conservation this week and he told me the birds at union are still there and the neew surveys show they are. he said they have thier feet stuck in the mud. they sit on water and walk 10 feet from water and have food why do they need to get up. I know that us guys that dont want to spend money at clubs down there would like for them to get up. and move maybe oakwood scatters ? hopefully this warm front will get them up moving and all of us might get some good shooting. if anyone is down south in the area let me know if your see'in any birds movin. i am going to try a goose hunt at pyramid at one of the walkins sat. good luck to all .
oochopper
hunter

Postby thebiggrfigr » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:49 am

chopper I'll keep ya posted as i am going to hunt the scatters this weekend. Hopefully ALL those ducks at union will decide they want a change of seneray and get theyre lazy butts up and flying! :mrgreen:
thebiggrfigr
hunter

Postby thebiggrfigr » Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:43 pm

Well went to a spot right next to the scatters today. Saw several bunches of ducks coming from the N. Killed one Mallard. There were a couple of groups in the scatters that sounded like they were doing some good had several nice volleys. It was not a wasted trip because i at least saw some groups up and about. :thumbsup:
thebiggrfigr
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting