Any club recommendations?

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Any club recommendations?

Postby chrispbrown27 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:51 am

I've decided to stop throwing money at public hunting and spend some extra cash on a club or a lease.
But I am going to be a bit picky about it. I want something that I don't have to drive and hour to get to or that I have to leave at 3 am to get a spot. I have no problem using my decoys, calling myself, picking up my own birds, etc etc. What I want is a guaranteed spot with no drawing, where I don't have to pick up the decoys after every hunt. I want to have a place where the ducks get a chance to work, I love to see em work and on public land that just doesn't happen much. I also don't want to have to sell a lung to pay for this.
Am I being realistic? I realize I might have to lower my expectations to fit my budget and have no problem with that. How much should I be looking to spend? Any ideas about where to look? Should I be looking for a lease or are there clubs that would fit what I'm looking for? I'm in Williamson county so I'm assuming that the history here alone are going to keep prices high, any suggestions?
Chris
Vegetarian- Indian word for lousy hunter.
chrispbrown27
hunter

clubs

Postby bigman15 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:30 am

I sent you a pm
bigman15
hunter

Postby beckstrocr » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:35 pm

Chris,

Please let me know what you found out, I'm tired of high shooters and
bad duck callers. Leasing or finding a club that has open blinds seems
to be the way to go.

Carl
Go Packers!
beckstrocr
hunter

Postby kcrednme » Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:59 am

This sounds like a great idea. Could you pm me with what you find out as well. My dad and I are very interested.

thanks!
kcrednme
hunter

Lease

Postby DetectDave » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:15 am

Chris, you might call Country Kitchen. I think they are the 1st club close to Marion that dropped their day rates to $50 a day. They might be willing to do a year lease. I think it's a shame that the fellas from far and away get down here after flopping down a $100 a day or better just to look at clear skies at some of the other clubs. I figure as far as our pit goes, if things don't get better w/in 2 weeks, with a 2 grand pit lease, we'll have spent a $100 a bird just for the privilege of having our own pit. Ouch and this is a field pit that averages anywhere form 100-200 a year.
DetectDave
hunter

Postby fairgamedq » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:12 pm

im in a club in duqoin the old gander hill. My cousin runs it now we call it fairgame but we dont do to bad on geese but not many ducks killed bout 50 total between the 3 pits hunted. Killed several banded geese just local though but they look good on the lynard. its 500 per person in a pit or 2000 for a pit if u just want to get a pit to ur self to bring anyone u want. we have 4 pits 3 hunted ones this year. two flooded feilds and one pretty decent sized pond than the other one that dont get hunted is dry but can be flooded. right now its pretty slow though all the local fairground geese know were every pit is. we need new birds bad. You can send me a pm if ur interested, we could prolly get u down for a hunt just to see the club cant promise any killin though it comes in spirts.
fairgamedq
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting