hope you boys down south are ready

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

hope you boys down south are ready

Postby duckweed » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:16 pm

i hope you boys are ready. i was looking around today. our season has been closed for a while and the geese are just starting to pour in. these pics were taken 1/16/06. i live just off of route 55 in Gardner and they are heading south. so be ready.

William

sorry about the pics. the birds were on private property and a ways off to the right or me. i hope to get permission to hunt this next year.
BUY A GUN, PISS OFF A LIBERAL!
duckweed
hunter

gonna try again

Postby joey t » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:29 pm

i hope something shows up down on the ohio river in the morning
joey t
hunter

Carlyle report

Postby bigman15 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:54 pm

I hunted the disabled blind at the saddle Dam just outside Carlyle, we must have seen thousands of geese heading south in high flying v's. Didnt see the first duck but what a amazing sight, it started around seven in the morning and went on for about an hour, the sky was black, after that there were several smaller groups heading south, and it has continued all day. Hope the goose hunting has picked up down south, has anyone hunted the water blinds on Crab Orchard? I have the disabled water blind Saturday, was hoping they were killing some ducks and geese.
bigman15
hunter

Postby sioutdoors » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:04 pm

Been a ton of geese using some of SIU's fields around carbondale so if you got some favors to call in from some farmers around there use it. :hammering:
belly up feet kicking
http://sihunters.blogspot.com/
sioutdoors
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting