looking back on 05'

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, Illinois-Ducker

looking back on 05'

Postby DRYLOK » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:05 pm

Well now that duck season is over for all of Illinois,how did you do this season?don't have to give # if you don't want,just were you satisfied?Seems that the So Ill boys may have had the best season ever.
We ended with 60 ducks and 31 geese out of my boat.That was not real great for ducks but the most geese we've ever killed out of my boat.All and all not bad...enjoyed lurking around here at this site and look forward to posting next year!

:salude:
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
-Thomas Jefferson-
DRYLOK
hunter

Postby sioutdoors » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:27 pm

Image best hunt of the season. we killed around 140 best in three years. (since we lost our lease three yeras ago, damn mines)
belly up feet kicking
http://sihunters.blogspot.com/
sioutdoors
hunter

Postby DRYLOK » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:36 pm

WAY TO GO MAN. GLAD TO SEE YOUR NOT TO PROUD TO SHOOT THE HOLLYWOODS.A DUCK IS A DUCK!THAT'S HOW I ROLL! :cool:
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
-Thomas Jefferson-
DRYLOK
hunter

Postby sioutdoors » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:59 pm

if they come in to the deks they better have an eye out for steel i dont care if it is a coot, I'll eat anything once. Once ate a mussel right out of the creek on a bow hunt hey i was dared :mrgreen:
belly up feet kicking
sioutdoors
hunter

Postby DRYLOK » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:04 pm

I forget which one it is,but in one of the Duck Commander videos phil pulls a peanut out of the crawl of a mallard breaks the shell and eats it....
I'll stick to my bacon and egg sandwiches in the blind!
-Thomas Jefferson-
DRYLOK
hunter

Postby sioutdoors » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:39 pm

ok now that would have to be a double dare :umm:
belly up feet kicking
sioutdoors
hunter

Postby fairgamedq » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:16 pm

All in all i had the best duck season i ever had as well dont have an exact # but it was a ton better than last year. I believe it was duckman 2 that phil did that in but i could be wrong ive seen'em all. I also really look forward to next year.
fairgamedq
hunter

Postby wspiller » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:52 pm

been a great year but so was the last and the one before that, as long as im still going and carrying my own decoys it will be a great year next season
wspiller
hunter

Postby duckhntr82 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:05 pm

i would have to say i had a pretty good year this year....got 32 ducks my self .....im happy with that.
Scott Juda
duckhntr82
hunter

How many ducks ive killed this year

Postby goosedowner » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:59 pm

I have killed around 50 ducks this year. Best duck season i have ever had. Killed three banded birds. :thumbsup:
Fire Up The Grill Cuz Deer Huntin Aint Catch & Release

Confucuis Say, "He who Hunt Good...Eat Good"
goosedowner
hunter

Postby wtrfwlr » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:26 pm

Defiantly the best year i've had. I didn't hunt as much as i would like, I had a tough early season but as the season progressed so did my luck. I don't know the exact number but i know the 6th through the 10th of january we killed killed out everyday. Killed my first pintail drake, had lots of fun. It made up for the miserable deer season i had. Bring on the snows!!
wtrfwlr
hunter

Postby thebiggrfigr » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:53 pm

Best year in at least 5years! The last two weeks we mashed em. Most ducks my dog has retrieved in all her other years combined. With that said she has started this annoying whining crap sometimes when the birds are circling. My buddy told me to oil my dog. We killed 80 ducks the last two weeks of the season, 95% mallards. Man it was a fun one. Wish it was still going on! :salude:
thebiggrfigr
hunter

Postby DRYLOK » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:07 pm

thebiggrfigr,
was that in Southern,IL?
-Thomas Jefferson-
DRYLOK
hunter

Postby DRYLOK » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:13 pm

oh never mind,just answered my own question.I think your a little bloodier than me. I got tired of trenching around in the woods.Bought a boat,built a perminant blind,heat,cooker that's how I roll! :cool:

But the scatters do bring back a lot of good memories!
Congats on a great season.....
-Thomas Jefferson-
DRYLOK
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:27 am

I had my best year ever, but my standards were a little lower than the rest. I got 3 geese, 3 mallards, and 1 woodie. Sounds like a good day for a number of you guys. Since I had shot a total of 3 geese in my life before this year and less than a dozen ducks, I was pretty happy. Especially, since this was my first year of serious duck hunting and unfortunately didn't get to hunt a single day during the second half. I am looking forward to next season.

My young Chessie did much better than I had hoped. We only had to have one "discussion" when she broke with a pair of mallards coming in on the final approach. She handled all the birds on the water very well. Her first duck ran up on shore and then she didn't want to pick it up. She didn't want to pick the birds off land, but wouldn't hesitate in the water. We worked on that a lot and I think she is over that, but we didn't have any more unscripted land retrieves, so I'm really curious how she will handle the next live duck on land. Her last retrieve was a long retrieve on a crippled mallard which she handled perfectly even with this duck flopping around in her mouth.

I learned a lot and will be better prepared for next season. Can't wait.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting