FOID card u maybe able to file lawsuit

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, Illinois-Ducker

Would you stand beside others who haven't got their cards back in time?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:43 pm

yes
100%
no
No votes

Total votes : 8

FOID card u maybe able to file lawsuit

Postby duckweed » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:43 pm

Fellow Illinois gun owners. Keep your chins up. I have sirius sat radio and listen to N.R.A. news, and they said today (2-1-2006) that there is legislation going thruogh the House that would make it possible to file suit against the Illinois State Police Department if you don't get your FOID card back in time. Nothings official yet, but it's in the works, and could be here very soon. 357_ruger.
BUY A GUN, PISS OFF A LIBERAL!
duckweed
hunter

Postby sioutdoors » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:20 pm

almost got arrested for that once at Rend during teal season, thank God there was some hunters shooting wood ducks they saved my but
belly up feet kicking
http://sihunters.blogspot.com/
sioutdoors
hunter

Postby chrispbrown27 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:57 am

It makes sense to me. If it is going to be a requirement for us to have a FOID card if we own a gun, we should have the right to sue the state if they do not return it to us in a timely manner. If it is the individuals fault (as in they sent it off too late or something along those lines) I would not agree to a suit. But if the state drags its butt like I've been hearing about them doing and someone gets caught with a gun and without a card, then the state should be held responsible.
Ya know, I love this state. Or should I say this half of the state, but there are so many reasons to leave this state. It's sad that so many people feel this way. If it weren't for chicago this would be a great state.
Chris
Vegetarian- Indian word for lousy hunter.
chrispbrown27
hunter

Postby thebiggrfigr » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:29 am

I got my FOID card back with 2 weeks in the season. I sent it off Oct 12. I hunted anyway ....f&*k em. Funny thing is we got checked by a game warden the 2nd day I had my card....how bout them apples. I told the guy my situation with the FOID card and he said if I had copies of all the paper work and cancelled check, which i did, that 99% of the GW's wouldn't do anything about it. If we should have a FOID they should get it to us in a respectable time!!!!! :mrgreen:
thebiggrfigr
hunter

Postby KpHonknImRloadn » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:27 am

I definitely agree. I wasnt paying attention and let mine expire. I sent it in in september, just got it back last week, and since then we have moved and i need to do it all over again.
KpHonknImRloadn
hunter

foid card

Postby MOSSBERG935 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:26 pm

it is noones fault but the card holders. any one who owns a gun and has a valid foid card should pay attention to a little detail and renew the card before it expires....no reason to miss some hunting if it could have been caught a month in advance.
MOSSBERG935
hunter

Postby gracenjohn » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:43 am

Since I will be moving to Evanston for school this coming September, it sounds like I need a little help from you folks on how best to get situated in your great state. I looked over the DNR website some, but never saw anything about registering a shotgun. wow.
thanks be to God
gracenjohn
hunter

Postby duckhntr82 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:33 pm

If i were you i would find out how soon you can apply for a foid card now that you are moving here. To own a gun in IL you need to have a foid card. You can't even buy or even look at guns or ammo in any store in IL with out first showing a foid card.

scott
Scott Juda
duckhntr82
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting