Another foid question

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, Illinois-Ducker

Re: Another foid question

Postby huntall6 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:42 am

illinoisws wrote:We host hunts for disabled persons, my question is, if I have a disabled adult who wants to hunt but does not have a foid card, can one of our guides who has a foid card and supplies the gun take the disabled person hunting?

are they IL residents??
steve-o wrote:Fight like a kid and you will never lose.

vincentpa wrote: My hairdresser is gay.
huntall6
State Moderator

Postby lostpup » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:02 am

illinoisws wrote:We host hunts for disabled persons, my question is, if I have a disabled adult who wants to hunt but does not have a foid card, can one of our guides who has a foid card and supplies the gun take the disabled person hunting?

As Huntall asked are they residents of IL, also how old. If under 18 and accompanied by an adult with legal FOID you can hunt. Also depends on disability, If it's a mental illness they may not be able to hunt.
lostpup
Forum & State Moderator

Postby illinoisws » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:36 am

huntall6 wrote:

are they IL residents??

The most of them would be but occasionally may have a out of state person as well. Guides would all be IL residents.
illinoisws
Newb

Postby illinoisws » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:38 am

lostpup wrote:

As Huntall asked are they residents of IL, also how old. If under 18 and accompanied by an adult with legal FOID you can hunt. Also depends on disability, If it's a mental illness they may not be able to hunt.

Yes they would be adults 18 and over, we don't inquire as to what the disability is, however most are just physically disabled. They all would have a state issued disability card.
illinoisws
Newb

Postby lostpup » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:04 pm

illinoisws wrote:
lostpup wrote:

Yes they would be adults 18 and over, we don't inquire as to what the disability is, however most are just physically disabled. They all would have a state issued disability card.

They are required to have FOID.
lostpup
Forum & State Moderator

Postby lostpup » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:06 pm

Unless out of state. Then required to be eligible for legal firearm ownership in their respective state.
lostpup
Forum & State Moderator

Postby illinoisws » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:55 pm

Ok thanks, that kinda puts a damper on getting new members signed up for current events but I understand.
illinoisws
Newb

Re: Re: Another foid question

Postby huntall6 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:33 am

illinoisws wrote:Ok thanks, that kinda puts a damper on getting new members signed up for current events but I understand.

I am glad you understand. I don't. A foid is a total violation of my rights!

Anyway, they are not very and to obtain. I think there is a ten dollar fee and if they send the app in now, they would have their card well before the season.
steve-o wrote:Fight like a kid and you will never lose.

vincentpa wrote: My hairdresser is gay.
huntall6
State Moderator

Postby lostpup » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:43 pm

illinoisws wrote:Ok thanks, that kinda puts a damper on getting new members signed up for current events but I understand.

Have them hunt ewith a bow and arrow. If they hab=ve a disability card they should be legal to use a crossbow that you ahve sighted in and ready for them to use. No FOID required :yes:
lostpup
Forum & State Moderator

Postby aunt betty » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:49 am

The Mayor of Chicago, King of Illinois...His Royal Highness wants a law passed that requires Illinois resident who own firearms to register them all and pay a fee of $60.

Not sure if it's $60 per firearm but I have a F.O.I.D. already...I am a registered gun owner in the State of Illinois.

So I ask, "Why does the state need a list of all the firearms I own?"

The answer is simple...ONE, they need money and TWO, they want to take our guns...not just some of them but every single one.

So I'll take my chances and not register any guns in Illinois but keep them in another state.

Heck, I might just keep all my belongings and my self in another state like Arkansas.

Illinois is whacked.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby Spartan114 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:53 am

i just moved to IL, im 18 and want to apply for my FOID, i got the paper and started filling it out i filled out every thing then at the very bottem it asked for my parents sig and there il drivers licence number, i dont live with them and there not even in the same state. how should i go about this ?
Spartan114
Newb

Postby lostpup » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:49 am

You don't need that info on there your 18 and can own firearms. It's only for those under the age of consent. Just send it in without worring .
lostpup
Forum & State Moderator

Postby DRYLOK » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:42 pm

IF YOU ARE UNDER 21: The minor applicant
and their parent or legal guardian must
complete this section. The signature of the
applicant’s parent or legal guardian is required.
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
-Thomas Jefferson-
DRYLOK
hunter

Postby lostpup » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:02 am

DRYLOK wrote:IF YOU ARE UNDER 21: The minor applicant
and their parent or legal guardian must
complete this section. The signature of the
applicant’s parent or legal guardian is required.

Thank you Drylok I was of mind that it was 18 not 21. My appoligies to the OP !
lostpup
Forum & State Moderator

Postby DRYLOK » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:08 pm

It should be 18. Actually shouldn't be anything cause we shouldn't have the damn foid in the first place but we're working on that.
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
-Thomas Jefferson-
DRYLOK
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:42 pm

Amen.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby Sfd714 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:14 pm

I renewed my foid back in August and still haven't got it back yet

Sent from behind the hood of a long nose pete.
Sfd714
hunter

Postby TJP » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:22 pm

Call and wait until you get a hold of someone. I waited 50+ days then called the ISP, got it within 14 days of me contacting the office.
TJP
hunter

Previous

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting