Southern Zone start date

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Southern Zone hunters, what is your opinion of the duck season start date?

Starts too early
13%
Starts too late
50%
Its fine the way it is
13%
We need a split season or another zone
25%

Total votes : 8

Southern Zone start date

Postby GooseBuster » Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:11 am

Over the last few years there has been a lot of controversy over whether the duck season starts too late in the Southern Zone or starts too early. What's your opinion?
Last edited by GooseBuster on Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
GooseBuster
hunter

Postby mccree79 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:08 am

I think our biggest problems is the weather pattern change and the fact that the birds seem to be migrating trough the boot heel of Missouri, instead of S.IL.
mccree79
hunter

Postby Remington4life » Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:20 pm

i hunt in the carlyle lake and every year i watch the early flocks of ducks fly through before i have a chance to shoot em. the south zone use to start much earlier and all i know is i use to shoot alot more ducks. last year they startd the season the same day as deer season. how stupid is that! read the DNR reports they will tell you that the best oportunitys to kill ducks are before the end of october. hell the average date of freeze up is around Dec 21 anyways. i don't like hunting on the ice. the only reason the season is so late is because of the all the big clubs down south wanting it so late. the season is perfect for them but it robs the hunters who are closr to the cntral zone.the clubs bring in more cash for the state. its all political.
Remington4life
Newb

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting