Duck hunters in Illinois

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, Illinois-Ducker

Duck hunters in Illinois

Postby amateur18 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:10 pm

Hey, any duck hunters from Illinois out there
amateur18
Newb

Postby 98ramtough » Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:20 pm

Moved to Illinois section.
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby duckaholic_16p » Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:14 pm

Im from Macomb and hunt localy. Opening weekend was kinda slow...only 15 ducks and 6 geese between 5 guys.
duckaholic_16p
hunter

Postby weedsnager » Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:29 pm

extreme north east illinois, i can throw a rock into indiana. it seems tough to get info from guys in the area, via the net. tight lipped! :pissed:
weedsnager
hunter

Postby duckaholic_16p » Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:35 pm

went and tried to put dekes out but the water was way too deep...we have more water than i have ever seen. but did find a 100 acre find or CRP ground flooded...last weekend we had zero mallards..now theres more than you can shake a stick at. bad thing is the are on forbidden ground...Ill let you guys know if we get lucky and call some over.
duckaholic_16p
hunter

Postby duckhntr82 » Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:31 pm

from romeoville here...hunted today and shot one goose.... havn't seen many ducks at all. I pretty much hunt only public so sometimes do good but theres alot of waiting in between.. doesn't stop me from going thou. il head out tomarrow morning again .. hope to get a few ducks ...could be worse, there could be no ducks and geese! we need some colder weather
Scott Juda
duckhntr82
hunter

Postby weedsnager » Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:59 pm

i was out today at wolf lake from 5:00 - 10:00, one ringneck, one bluebill, should of had 3 more if we had a clue how to shoot! :salude:
weedsnager
hunter

Postby duckaholic_16p » Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:49 pm

hunted this morning on our own private hole and only shot 4 ringnecks and one spoonbill and we had to sky bust all of'em. we had 500-700 ducks across the fence. We managed to beg permisson this afternoon and slipped in there about 2. Killed 3 mallards and 1 gadwall.. This is an 80 acre crp field thats has flooded out.
duckaholic_16p
hunter

Postby duckhntr82 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:04 pm

well got 2 mallards and 1 goose.....my dog didn't think he should listen today for some reason. Don't you hate that......they do great and then all of the sudden there deaf... still a great hunt
Scott Juda
duckhntr82
hunter

Postby bkowles » Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:07 am

My partner and I shot three geese and 1 mallard Sunday on our property (north/central IL near the Rock R.). Didn't bother trying Saturday since the weather was more conducive to football watching (or anything but waterfowling). If anyone wants to play hooky from work/school/etc. it looks like Thursday would be a good day to do it.....temps in the 30's, rain/snow mix! Good luck.
bkowles
hunter

Postby duckkiller7 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:48 pm

Went yesterday, and got 4 pork chops/Doz eggs/and finishes the day off with fried potatoes and onions.LOL What a great morning. Two geese and a mallard drake did interupt us while we were cooking too. Bastards-so they had to die!!!!!!
duckkiller7
hunter

Postby Remington870 » Sat May 14, 2005 10:01 am

I live in illiinois chicago area i hunt deer but im looking into waterfowl but i cant find a place to hunt. Any ideas?
Remington870
hunter

Postby WATERFOWLER1973 » Fri May 27, 2005 9:51 am

Chicago area is tough for Duck hunting - I have a neighbor on my lake who got permission to hunt his property that extends into the lake and that was a big ordeal for him and he can only hunt there on certain days. I will hunt with him occasionally. I also have a local farmer that gives me permission for goose hunting, but it is getting out of hand with the deer, duck and goose hunters. He has a nice pond and blind for ducks and woods for deer, but I don't even bother because there are so many people who show up on the weekends. I will go in the back corn/bean fields for geese if I don't have somewhere else to go for both ducks and geese. I am also joining a hunt club for upland birds to give me other options - I always wanted to but didn't have a dog (Got a Boykin Spaniel now and he is a great dog for both). There really aren't that many other alternatives and if there are, you usually won't hear about them because then they become overcrowded and who wants to hunt with 20 other people all calling at the same flock of ducks. You can join a hunt club that offers duck hunting, but they are usually expensive at around $2K a year. It is definitely a tough thing and I've been in your same shoes and it wouldn't take much for me to be back in that same spot. That's why I am thinking of leasing the farmers land to have for me and my friends, but who knows how much that might be - but it would definitely be sweet to have a place 5 minutes from my house to hunt Deer, Ducks and Geese. Anyway, good luck in finding a place and don't give up.
WATERFOWLER1973
hunter

Postby liv2hunt » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:19 am

Illinois hunter right here. I live in central IL and hunt near Beardstown and Galesburg, respectively.

Always looking to take hunters or go with hunters, so PM or IM me if interested.
liv2hunt
hunter

Postby Illinois-Ducker » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:21 pm

that sounds like a plan. I am currently living in bloomington, but i am always heading down to havana to hunt over on the sanganois. Ill be there this weekend as well blowing on the old duck call!!!
Illinois-Ducker
State Moderator

Postby GreenHeadHuntr04 » Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:20 pm

I am an Illinois Hunter, I hunt ducks usually at sanganois, anderson lake, or just the local mason/menard county bottoms. I would like to meet some of you other "Hardcore" Illinois waterfowl hunters. Me and a big group of hunting buddies are the mason county bottom boys, just a little fun group we have and hunt together, you can check us out at www.geocities.com/masoncountybottomboys

aim - greenheadhuntr04

Hope to hear from some of you soon,

greenhead
In the world of duck hunting there are two types of people, champion duck callers and champion duck killers, im a duck killer! - Phil Robertson "Duck Commander"

www.geocities.com/masoncountybottomboys
GreenHeadHuntr04
hunter

Postby duckaholic_16p » Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:56 am

hey bottom boys,
Maybe sometime you guys can venture west and do some hunting with us around macomb area. I use to live in chandlerville and worked in petersburg for about 1.5 years.. We hunt outside macamb and been doing alittle goose hunting out of some fields by havana.

Livin to hunt this goes for you too. outside of opening weekend we almost always have an open hole or two.
duckaholic_16p
hunter

Postby goosehunter64 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:23 am

YO!!.I'm a hardcore waterfowler............errr I at least like to think so......LOL.
Been at the game for 25yrs + and can't think of anyother thing I love to do better in the fall and winter.

I live in the LaSalle/Peru Area....and hunt all over. Not to brag....we have a the latest gear and building our spread every year. We just started to recently switch all of our decoys over to GHG, HC, and BF's.

It doesn't matter how much gear I have........I always want......eeerrrrrr need more. Women...they just don't understand :thumbsdown: :oops: :cool: :smile:
Rob.
Team WingLock
Lock'em "N" Rock'em
goosehunter64
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting