Funny Story

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Funny Story

Postby wtrfwlr » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:53 pm

Well i work in Carbondale at a sporting goods store and i got to meet someone interesting. This girl walked up and said i quote " So me and like my friend starting like fishing two days ago and we need those weight thingys" So i asked what kind of fishing she was doing and this was the response i got " I don't know i bought like one of those like stick thingys (aka fishing pole) and those things you screw on(aka reel), i like tied on a hook and put a worm on but that like didn't work out." So i explained she need split shot and a bobber, i figured she should start out with the basics. Then i had to physically show her how to put the split shot and bobber on. Well the true funny part about this story is that it ended up being Hunter Grounds girlfriend. She informed me both him and his dad are complete dickheads, and that all Hunter does is fish. Apparently he's not a very good teacher. She also said she hopes they get none of their stolen stuff back. What a relationship, huh.
wtrfwlr
hunter

Postby duckhntr82 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:03 pm

you left the most important part out.....

SO HOW DID SHE LOOK? lol
Scott Juda
duckhntr82
hunter

Postby sioutdoors » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:38 pm

But she is still with him????????? could it be $$$$$$$$$ I'll teach her how to fish, just don't tell my wife :toofunny:
belly up feet kicking
http://sihunters.blogspot.com/
sioutdoors
hunter

Postby KpHonknImRloadn » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:47 pm

you know lately I really haven't heard much good about either of them.
KpHonknImRloadn
hunter

Postby chrispbrown27 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:39 pm

Now wait a minute. The truly amazing thing is that there is a "sporting goods" store in Carbondale. You have K's with a very limited supply of hunting and fishing equiptment. You have wal-mart and their normal assortment. There's TL's if you love bowhunting and The Great outdoors with its selection of limited overpriced Columbia crap. Where is there a sporting goods store in Carbondale?
Chris
Vegetarian- Indian word for lousy hunter.
chrispbrown27
hunter

Postby poi96 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:22 am

Yeah....where is the fishing store in Carbondale. I hope they have minnows too cuz im sick of goin to top of the hill all the time.
poi96
hunter

Postby poi96 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:24 am

Oh yeah, chrispbrown...hope you dont like to bow hunt because TL's moved to Florida. My roommate used to work there and got shafted huge.
poi96
hunter

Postby chrispbrown27 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:52 pm

Your roommates name isn't Chris by any chance?
Actually I haven't bow hunted in a few years and the only thing I ever went into TL's for was the annual bow tune-up.
Chris
chrispbrown27
hunter

Postby chrispbrown27 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:54 pm

It's a bit of a drive from C-dale but I highly recommend going to Cookseys out on 148. He doesn't count out each individual minnow like some guys do. Been going there since I was old enough to walk. He's a good guy.
Chris
chrispbrown27
hunter

Postby poi96 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:48 pm

Actually my roommate is Chris (Webster). Ill have to try cookseys out one of these days.
poi96
hunter

Postby tealslayerblw » Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:32 pm

KpHonknImRloadn wrote:you know lately I really haven't heard much good about either of them.

uhm please go into detail about that?!
tealslayerblw
hunter

Postby KpHonknImRloadn » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:21 pm

Dont really want to get into it that much. But just hearing a number of complaints about things. Alot of it was at the outdoor show this year, alot of guys would stop by the booth and tell us their bad stories. Kind of along the lines of what hunter's girlfriend said. I do like that new sweet meat duck call though that thing is awesome.
KpHonknImRloadn
hunter

Postby chrispbrown27 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:45 am

Chris Webster huh? LOL That's what I thought. I can't say I know him real well, but yes I do know him.
Chris
chrispbrown27
hunter

Postby chrispbrown27 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:47 am

And yes I have heard things about Tim's personality, in the past. In recent years everybody has nothing but praise for the guy though, as far as I've heard. I will say that my dealings with him have been pretty good though it has only been through email.
Chris
chrispbrown27
hunter

Postby DDEshooter » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:34 am

It has been awhile since I went through there but isn't there a Dunns in Carbondale?
DDEshooter
hunter

Postby chrispbrown27 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:10 pm

Dunns is in Marion.
chrispbrown27
hunter

Postby thebiggrfigr » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:38 am

First off I wanted to comment of this Tim and Hunter Grounds debate. Why is everyone always on this guys azz? I used to be of the mindset that he was a prick and then I met the man. Tim is a very entertaining and helpful person. Some of you should reserve your comments until you are able to meet him. As for Hunter, well the kid is pretty young. I think if we all look back at what we were like at 18-20, we would see that we were some pretty uninformed punks that didn't listen and did foolish things.
My second comment is about Dunn's. Those people over there can take their holier-than-though attitude and over priced crap and shove it up their collective azzes. I have over the years been talked down to and been treated like a second rate citizen. I think it is too funny that goose seaons around here sucks now because I am sure that was 50% of their business. I am so glad we have a place in Paducah now, I know it is a little bit more of a drive but they are helpful and are not out to rape your wallet! Death to Dunn's!!!!
thebiggrfigr
hunter

Postby chrispbrown27 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:25 am

Dunn's has the market cornered in this area and they know it. As far as how they treat me, well when I was 16-18 yeah they ignored me and when they did help me it was as quickly as possible. Now days I am treated like a customer. The owner is still an ass, but everyone else is very nice and helpful. I buy very little from them, but if I do happen to find something over there that I just can't live without then I don't hesitate to buy it.
Now, gander mountain on the other hand, I will never again go there. I was very disappointed in their selection of duck hunting stuff and there were a hundred blaze orange vested people walking around and only one actually asked me if I needed any help. One I cornered to ask a question and as soon as he gave me a quick "no" he walked away with out asking if I needed any other help. If the place was packed then I could understand this, but there were many more employees than there were customers and none of the employees even payed attention to me. The one guy that did come up and ask me if I needed anything I told him how unhappy I was and he sincerely apologized, but by that time I had decided I would never come back. So, I thanked him for his help and walked out. This may have been an off day, but they lost one customer and I will tell anyone who I know about my experience so there is a good chance they will lose many more.
As far as Tim goes, I don't know him personally, but growing up around here you hear a lot about him. I heard mostly bad in years past. Cockiness, rudeness, an unwillingness to talk to people, so on and so on. In recent years his reputation has greatly improved. I think he has maybe grown up. When you're the guy that everybody wants to talk to it can easily go to your head. More than likely the same is true with Hunter.
Chris
chrispbrown27
hunter

Postby Duck/Deer Slayer » Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:08 pm

That was the funniest story I have ever heard in my entire life.

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa :cool: :thumbsup: :smile: :laughing: :hammering: :spam: :eek: :salude: :getdown: :withstupid: :mrgreen: :yes: :toofunny: :tounge: :thumbsdown: :help: :pissed: :umm: :umm: :oops:
Duck/Deer Slayer
hunter

Postby wtrfwlr » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:21 am

I don't know who you think you are Deer/duck slayer but give me a break. And i'm sorry none of us can compare to your Godly hunting ability.
wtrfwlr
hunter

Postby fish » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:54 pm

I AGREE!!!! :hammering:
fish
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting