Incoming!

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, Illinois-Ducker

Incoming!

Postby gracenjohn » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:00 am

Hey friends,

My family will be coming to your wonderful state this coming fall so my wife can attend graduate schools in Evanston. I have duck and goose hunted in Oregon for the past 17 years and need some help avoiding any bumps I might encounter in your fair state. I have read a little about the FOID card and will be looking up what to do when we interview for the college in late March. Any other input like putting in for hunting draws and public areas for me and my 8 year old daughter are greatly appreciated.

John
thanks be to God
gracenjohn
hunter

Postby fish » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:35 am

first of all when applying for your foid card. do it early becuase it takes the state a long long time to get it back to you. its been taking many months to get your foid card.
fish
fish
hunter

Postby sioutdoors » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:56 pm

is that in the north or south of the state
belly up feet kicking
http://sihunters.blogspot.com/
sioutdoors
hunter

Postby KpHonknImRloadn » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:17 pm

That is in all the state. I really cant help ya on the drawing spots issue, either we hunt private property, or we get on the boat and go to the first come first serve areas on the river and lakes. You wont be too far from my area, maybe sometime we will have to meet up for a hunt or something.
KpHonknImRloadn
hunter

Postby gracenjohn » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:57 am

Many thanks KHIR,

We are coming for a visit in late march and I'll apply for the card then. I hope. The situation sounds similar to that in Oregon. Hunt early, or don't hunt at all. You guys have been great, and I thank you for your advice. Keep it coming.

John
thanks be to God
gracenjohn
hunter

Postby wtrfwlr » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:24 am

You Don't need a FOID card unless you plan on becoming an Illinois resident. The downside is you have to pay for an out of state hunting license, but a FOID card isn't needed. You just have to have a Valid ID and a non res hunting license.
wtrfwlr
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting