Duck Hunting Forum banner

Incoming!

981 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  wtrfwlr 
#1 ·
Hey friends,

My family will be coming to your wonderful state this coming fall so my wife can attend graduate schools in Evanston. I have duck and goose hunted in Oregon for the past 17 years and need some help avoiding any bumps I might encounter in your fair state. I have read a little about the FOID card and will be looking up what to do when we interview for the college in late March. Any other input like putting in for hunting draws and public areas for me and my 8 year old daughter are greatly appreciated.

John

#4 ·
That is in all the state. I really cant help ya on the drawing spots issue, either we hunt private property, or we get on the boat and go to the first come first serve areas on the river and lakes. You wont be too far from my area, maybe sometime we will have to meet up for a hunt or something.

#5 ·
Many thanks KHIR,

We are coming for a visit in late march and I'll apply for the card then. I hope. The situation sounds similar to that in Oregon. Hunt early, or don't hunt at all. You guys have been great, and I thank you for your advice. Keep it coming.

John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.