new license

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker

new license

Postby oochopper » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:09 pm

any one had to wait 30 minutes for new huntin and fishing license yet. it kinda sucks to me. I dont like the way they do it now. you buy your habitat stamp the license just says habitat stamp. The state could at least give you something to show for it. How many people like paying for a stamp you dont get. I myself like to keep my stamps from year to year and im sure others do to. They are so slow with the new machines im glad i wasnt in line the night before turkey season with all the people making the last minute rush. Let me know how you all feel about it.
oochopper
hunter

Postby thebiggrfigr » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:25 pm

I think that sucks not getting a stamp!! :pissed: You paid for a freakn stamp you should get a stamp. I stood in line April 1 at 7:00 am at Wally World and had to wait an hour but it was cool that poor guy behind the counter was workin his ass off. I think it sucks that many of the bait shops won't be selling them. I stopped by 3 on my way to my spot and they all said that it was too expensive for them to get. I guess as long as it is convenient for the state it is alright. It is a shame you can't go to a bait shop and not get a fishing liscense! :thumbsdown:
thebiggrfigr
hunter

Postby wtrfwlr » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:25 pm

I was one of those guys working at wally world, that's where i work in sporting goods. That machine is a pain, but if it wasn't for the money of those stamps then we wouldn't have as good hunting and fishing like we do. That money gets put to good use, but next year it won't take as long to get your licenses because all we'll have to do is put in your IDNR customer number and it will bring up all your stuff. But good luck
wtrfwlr
hunter

new license

Postby scott m ward » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:40 am

I like the new license because it is waterproof. however, I dont like the idea of not getting a stamp :thumbsdown: the other thing I dont like is the idea of not having an actual HIP# on the license. Unfortunately , we all have to deal with it, so I guess "roll with the punches". Heres an interesting thought : Just think what our state waterfowl collections are going to be worth now that they are no longer available!

Scott
scott m ward
hunter

Postby goosedowner » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:41 am

I was told that if you call into IDNR and Tell them that you paid for the stamp and give them your number they will send you a stamp in the mail. Thats just what i was told.
Fire Up The Grill Cuz Deer Huntin Aint Catch & Release

Confucuis Say, "He who Hunt Good...Eat Good"
goosedowner
hunter

stamps

Postby oochopper » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:48 pm

i know and appreciate what our stamp money goes for and i like the fact that it gets put to good use. i do like that theyre waterproof. but id like to have something to show for it. i have stamps from several years back. I guess this great state of IL is getting cheap on us hunters. Good luck next year for every one, and happy fishing this summer.
oochopper
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting