duck hunting spots in illinois

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Re: duck hunting spots in illinois

Postby ILgoosehunter12 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:47 pm

BuckCreek wrote:i got 4 new spots today from THIS website ... :beer:

If it works that good i'm new to hunting specifically new to southern illinois :smile:[/quote]

Haha! Same here buddy! :lol3:
I don't want it, i just need it. To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive
ILgoosehunter12
hunter

Re: Re: duck hunting spots in illinois

Postby huntall6 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:15 pm

aunt betty wrote:THIS is for you big hoss.
http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=203025
I made this a long time ago and it's been waiting for someone like you.
Everyone in the entire world can see this so good luck getting there first and holding it.
It's actually a good spot. The sun comes up behind you so you are in the shadows until the sun gets up over the ridge and trees behind the blind. The wind blows from the southwest all the time so it's good for the wind too.

Now go. Run Forrest, RUN! Park by "the Lost Pond" and walk straight up the hill, follow the treeline, turn right and then a quick left and walk down the hill to the water. That's how you get to 17. 16 is about 250 yards to your left at this point. Good luck...

EVERYBODY

Thanks, Betty. Now that spot is gonna be crawling will yahoos who done want to put in the work themselves. and they will always have full straps of tucans, iguanas, and valcaraptors!! :no: thats my favorite exotic spot.

:hi:
steve-o wrote:Fight like a kid and you will never lose.

vincentpa wrote: My hairdresser is gay.
huntall6
State Moderator

Postby asmythe32 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:21 pm

What I think is funny is he will post a spot like that with no intention of hunting in Illinois this year, but when I ask him questions about how to improve my boat blind he always tip toes around the question. Won't ever just say "do this and it will be better". What gives?
asmythe32
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:11 pm

asmythe32 wrote:What I think is funny is he will post a spot like that with no intention of hunting in Illinois this year, but when I ask him questions about how to improve my boat blind he always tip toes around the question. Won't ever just say "do this and it will be better". What gives?

What do you want to listen to him for anyways?
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby asmythe32 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:35 am

jaysweet3 wrote:
asmythe32 wrote:What I think is funny is he will post a spot like that with no intention of hunting in Illinois this year, but when I ask him questions about how to improve my boat blind he always tip toes around the question. Won't ever just say "do this and it will be better". What gives?

Outside of this forum he is a pretty nice guy. I have talked to him a couple times. I know he rubs a lot of people the wrong way. I got her all figured out now though. I am just gonna do what I think is right for the blind and learn as I go.
asmythe32
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:46 pm

asmythe32 wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:

Outside of this forum he is a pretty nice guy. I have talked to him a couple times. I know he rubs a lot of people the wrong way. I got her all figured out now though. I am just gonna do what I think is right for the blind and learn as I go.

I'm just kidding around AB is kool by me.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby malrdmasher » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:03 pm

bighoss12 wrote:how about this, im 17 years old and i wanted to hunt not sit on the video games all day, all of you can go fall into a hole and hunt from there because i got 4 new spots today from THIS website so kiss the fattest part of my ass... :beer:

awww i remember my first beer
malrdmasher
hunter

Postby USMC03-07 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:38 am

SPatrick wrote:Check out farmington bay, great spot, you will for sure nail them to the wall there.

here is one of my other good spots, you are sure to burn them up here.
http://goo.gl/maps/dCNSm

This is another one of my hot spots, this hole is truly a killer
http://goo.gl/maps/N5Iwz

Have fun in those places and make sure you bring plenty of ammo :thumbsup:

HaHa good leads, but on your first spot I have killed quite a few coyotes right near there when I lived in Cali!!!! :biggrin:
USMC03-07
hunter

Postby nanook72 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:49 am

Wow hoss, that did not work the way you thought I bet. I think there were some guys willing to help sending you a PM but you just burnt a lot of bridges spouting off like that. I know your young and I've done that before when I was your age but when you want to learn something and have guys take you out and show you the ropes, that's not how you go about it.

My advice is do your homework, if you don't have a lot of gear start slow, go on the DNR site and figure out spots to hunt that you can walk in to. Get a dozen decoys, find someone that can teach you to call etc... Your wording for the subject is what turned guys off from the start, no one will just give up their spots to you. I think its great to not want to be inside playing games and get out but when you want to learn something from other people show respect and willingness to work and that will get you farther than getting mad and spouting off. Good luck bud and hope you are able to get out this year.
nanook72
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:13 am

USMC03-07 wrote:HaHa good leads, but on your first spot I have killed quite a few coyotes right near there when I lived in Cali!!!!

lol sorry man didn't mean to give up a prime yote spot. :thumbsup: That last spot I posted, that one could get a little dicey. :yes:
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby USMC03-07 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:08 pm

SPatrick wrote:
USMC03-07 wrote:HaHa good leads, but on your first spot I have killed quite a few coyotes right near there when I lived in Cali!!!!

lol sorry man didn't mean to give up a prime yote spot. :thumbsup: That last spot I posted, that one could get a little dicey. :yes:

Don't worry I don't plan on going back there anytime soon! That is about all there was to hunt out there... The heat is brutal, not many ducks flyin in death valley :biggrin: Big hoss I know some people can be harsh on this website but you need to look up the word TACT.
USMC03-07
hunter

Postby towgunner » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:29 pm

SPatrick wrote:Check out farmington bay, great spot, you will for sure nail them to the wall there.

:lol: Jokes on you... one inch to the east of your first marker is Ash Meadows NWR (part of the Death Valley NRA) and I have walked out of there with 5 ducks in less than an hour (teal heavy), snows frequent it and specks have shown there bills as well. Never less than a 3 bird day and when ducks stop flying the gambels quail are available, so yeah, bring plenty of shells! :lol3:
towgunner
hunter

Postby USMC03-07 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:42 pm

towgunner wrote:

:lol: Jokes on you... one inch to the east of your first marker is Ash Meadows NWR (part of the Death Valley NRA) and I have walked out of there with 5 ducks in less than an hour (teal heavy), snows frequent it and specks have shown there bills as well. Never less than a 3 bird day and when ducks stop flying the gambels quail are available, so yeah, bring plenty of shells! :lol3:

Really... Wouldn't have guessed that. I hunted up and down the Death Valley and the Mojave Preserve, saw plenty of quail, especially if you know where the guzzlers are located, but never saw a duck fly over anywhere. I'll just take your word for it, I enjoy having grass in my yard!!!!! :biggrin:
USMC03-07
hunter

Postby wislingwings » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:30 am

U guys are hilarious! i love it
wislingwings
Newb

Previous

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting