Savvana Thompson Area (POOL 13)

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Savvana Thompson Area (POOL 13)

Postby duckweed » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:50 pm

Hey i am new to the area and wondering if anyone would be interested in a partner in this area. I have a boat and everything else just need someone who knows the area.
BUY A GUN, PISS OFF A LIBERAL!
duckweed
hunter

Re: Savvana Thompson Area (POOL 13)

Postby duckweed » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:12 pm

I am 22. I have been duck hunting for over twelve years. Like i said i have everything except for a partner. I have won several calling comps and i am die hard. Willing to put in the work to get the reward. I dont want your honey hole. Just some friendly comeradery while out enjoying a sport i love.
duckweed
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:04 pm

I've hunted the pool a few times. What I've learned from the guys that hunt it, is that it is not worth going out before daylight. The Mississippi is no joke! Even some of the more experienced locals would launch at daybreak and head to their spots. Way too easy to get in trouble. And there are a lot good spots when the birds are in. There would be a few empty trailers at the launch at Palisades park, but more waiting for light.

Anywhere north of Savannah, off of the main channel is open to hunt. Very cool place. I don't think I'll head over there this year, but there is time to get out and scout now. Google maps and a boat. You could kill a lot of birds.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby Riverrunner342 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:17 pm

I have a good blind spot at Potter's Marsh. PM me and maybe we can hunt together later this year.
Riverrunner342
hunter

Postby Sfd714 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:37 pm

How you guys doing in pool 13? Im new to this forum and wanted to take up duck and Goose hunting this year and noticed you guys are from my area

Sent from behind the hood of a long nose pete.
Sfd714
hunter

Postby Coffey » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:01 pm

I am usually Hunting pool 14. How was the opener for you guys up there? We have seen quite a few and even manged to kill a few. With little water in the smaller ponds the big river might be where the action is at this year. Be warned though!! The river is NO joke.. you need to have a path planned out on exactly where you are going. you do not want to be out driving around in unfamiliar territory at dark trying to find a spot! Never ever be running on the river without a life jacket on. 2 guys just got killed I think in pool 15 or 16 opening weekend and would have probably made it if they were wearing life jackets. I even put mine on under my wader straps when we are running just in case i fall in I am able to quickly release my wader straps and still have on my life jacket. Always run on the edge of the channel as well just inside the markers incase you have a problem you will be able to get out of the channel quickly. Also know where the wing dams are especially with the water this low. Good luck and be safe.
Coffey
hunter

Postby duckweed » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:07 pm

Its been pretty good up there. Shot two limits out of potters so far. Couple of other days with 3 or 4.
Lots of birds flying just hard to get em to work with everyone else out there wailin at em.
duckweed
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting