New-er to the Blind - Looking for Company

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Re: New-er to the Blind - Looking for Company

Postby prairiecalls » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:51 pm

Tyler you may get a few shots at ducks if you are able to get the water blind. I think there is only one or two water blinds. I always hunted the east side of the refuge. Good luck to you!

Larry
prairiecalls
Newb

Postby TJP » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:43 pm

I want to send a Thank You out to Jaysweet3 for helping start my season today. He was a great host; and I would definitely hunt in a blind with him again. We totalled 5 geese for 3 hunters, would have had the 6th, but it just did not want to stay down, one of the other blinds bagged it in the end. We both had to get off the water early to get to work; what a way to start a workday.

Thanks Again Jaysweet3, would have been worth it even if we didn't get the birds.
TJP
hunter

Postby TJP » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:49 pm

TomKat wrote:Tyler,
You ought to hook up with jaysweet3. He lives in your area and is a fantastic hunter and great guy. I bet if you asked him, he would take you under his wing.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
TJP
hunter

New-er to the Blind - Looking for Company

Postby jaysweet3 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:35 pm

Heck yeah, we wore those geese out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby TJP » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:53 am

Got a chance to get down and hunt with Southendduckclub this weekend. What a slick outfit he's got down there, and a bunch of good guys. Everyone was very welcoming. We had blue skies, temps in the 60's, and mosquitoes on Saturday for our hunt. Had a couple mallards work, but we didn't take any shots that morning, it was slow and hot. Southend gave me a little coaching on my calling which was much appreciated. No birds taken, but we had one heck of a time. Those boys sure know how to have a good time and cook some delicious treats.

Thanks Again Southend.
TJP
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:48 pm

Very cool. Good to see you making the rounds.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby BearDown09 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:14 am

TJP wrote:Got a chance to get down and hunt with Southendduckclub this weekend. What a slick outfit he's got down there, and a bunch of good guys. Everyone was very welcoming. We had blue skies, temps in the 60's, and mosquitoes on Saturday for our hunt. Had a couple mallards work, but we didn't take any shots that morning, it was slow and hot. Southend gave me a little coaching on my calling which was much appreciated. No birds taken, but we had one heck of a time. Those boys sure know how to have a good time and cook some delicious treats.

Thanks Again Southend.

Awesome to see the community pull together to get you out!
BearDown09
hunter

Postby sureshot 612 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:53 pm

Tyler its dec3 the last reply you had was on oct 23 did you do any hunting , or find a place to go ,let us know
just hanggin till season opens
sureshot 612
hunter

Location: where ever i want, back to loner time I'm at the next level.riders for a fee

Postby TJP » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:29 pm

sureshot 612 wrote:Tyler its dec3 the last reply you had was on oct 23 did you do any hunting , or find a place to go ,let us know

Yes I did. check out my Nov. 12 reply. The spot I had arranged to hunt this year ended up fallng through, but I did get a chance to get out a few times (6-7) with a couple of skunks/days of not shooting at all. My current year totals are 1 Drake GWT, 5 Drake Mallards, 3 Drake 1 Hen Woodies, and 5 Canadas. All-in-all its been a slow year, but I've been scraping them out free-lancing the Fox in a 12' jon with a really s-crappy blind. I'm heading to the Marshall Duck Ranch on Sunday. Anyone interested in joining me and my buddy can PM me. I will get back to you by Saturday; DHC is now banned at work.
TJP
hunter

Postby bradcrisco » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:42 pm

Hey Tyler,
May be too late for this season, but maybe next year. I'm only about 30 minutes from Snakeden, and have 14 fullbodies, a dozen shells, a couple dozen silos (all canadas). Never have been able to make to SH, but have wanted to. Had a permit for this past November, but wasn't able to get out due to other obligations.
Big Al's Take 'Em Silhouette Decoys Pro-Staff
bradcrisco
hunter

Postby QuackHonkBang » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:24 am

After reading all these posts, I just wanted to say, what a great thread!!! True sportsmen!!! The way it should be. Now, can you imagine how this thread would have gone on the fuge sight? It would've taken a wrong "unsportsmanlike " turn !!! Good luck gentlemen!!! :clapping:
QuackHonkBang
hunter

Previous

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting