Looking for some new hunting buddies in Northeast Illinois

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Looking for some new hunting buddies in Northeast Illinois

Postby huntswithmutts » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:18 pm

I have been reading this website for quite sometime and this is my first post. I live in Chicago, am 27 years old, and work in finance. Despite my current residence, I love to hunt ducks and geese and try to get away from the city at least once a week to get in a hunt during the season. In the previous years, my dad was my primary hunting partner. However, due to a recent back problem (hate to watch parents get old) it looks like he will be spending more time with mom and less time in the blind.

I have a few spots that are decent, nothing spectacular but getting away from the city/office and staring at some plastic decoys with the dog beats sleeping in on Saturday and Sunday.

If anyone is interested in swapping a hunt, joining me for a hunt, or anything else related to bird hunting let me know and hopefully we can work something out.

I have a pick up truck, a fair amount of decoys, a mutt dog that cries and doesnt retreive brids, and am willing to travel.

Good luck hunting this season and be safe.
huntswithmutts
hunter

Re: Looking for some new hunting buddies in Northeast Illinois

Postby KillerKowalski » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:11 pm

:welcome:

PM sent.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby christmas » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:19 pm

where do you hunt now ? We are in plainfield and are always looking for some spots to share .
christmas
christmas
hunter

Postby Blackfeet Retrievers » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:40 am

Shoot me a PM with your info.
Blackfeet Retrievers
hunter

Postby huntswithmutts » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:36 am

christmas wrote:where do you hunt now ? We are in plainfield and are always looking for some spots to share .
christmas

North of the Chain and in S. Wisconsin. I hear there is some good hunting in Plainfield. Never hunted there though.
huntswithmutts
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting