North Zone Youth Hunt

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, Illinois-Ducker

North Zone Youth Hunt

Postby rism » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:42 am

Haven't seen any reports for the youth hunt last weekend ? Did anyone take the kids out and how did you do ? I have 2 going to Sanganois this weekend for the Central Zone Youth Hunt. Hope to do well.
rism
hunter
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:04 am


Re: North Zone Youth Hunt

Postby lil_mason09 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:00 am

My buddy took his 2 kids out this weekend and they shot 1 mallard hen and a drake woody. Said there were lots of geese and just a few ducks.
lil_mason09
hunter
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:49 pm
Location: Marseilles Illinois

Re: North Zone Youth Hunt

Postby supr87gt » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:15 pm

Was Heidecke closed for the youth hunt or just due to the wind on Sunday? I made the trip with my son but the gates were locked and no one was around to talk to. They havent answered the phone either.
supr87gt
hunter
 
Posts: 462
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:26 am
Location: Herscher, IL

Re: North Zone Youth Hunt

Postby KillerKowalski » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:38 pm

I might be incorrect, but I thought it closes 10 days before duck and no youth season exists there. Only the 60 day duck season is allowed.
User avatar
KillerKowalski
hunter
 
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:25 pm
Location: Where racketeering, conspiracy, fraud and soliciting of bribes for political appointments is normal

Re: North Zone Youth Hunt

Postby xtrema13 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:22 pm

KillerKowalski wrote:I might be incorrect, but I thought it closes 10 days before duck and no youth season exists there. Only the 60 day duck season is allowed.

There is a youth season. I took my brother out and got a wood duck and a widgeon.
User avatar
xtrema13
hunter
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:20 am

Re: North Zone Youth Hunt

Postby supr87gt » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:49 pm

xtrema13 wrote:
KillerKowalski wrote:I might be incorrect, but I thought it closes 10 days before duck and no youth season exists there. Only the 60 day duck season is allowed.

There is a youth season. I took my brother out and got a wood duck and a widgeon.



Did you hunt at heidecke lake?
supr87gt
hunter
 
Posts: 462
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:26 am
Location: Herscher, IL

Re: North Zone Youth Hunt

Postby xtrema13 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:51 pm

supr87gt wrote:
xtrema13 wrote:
KillerKowalski wrote:I might be incorrect, but I thought it closes 10 days before duck and no youth season exists there. Only the 60 day duck season is allowed.

There is a youth season. I took my brother out and got a wood duck and a widgeon.



Did you hunt at heidecke lake?

nope. fox river.
User avatar
xtrema13
hunter
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:20 am

Re: North Zone Youth Hunt

Postby supr87gt » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:19 pm

KillerKowalski wrote:I might be incorrect, but I thought it closes 10 days before duck and no youth season exists there. Only the 60 day duck season is allowed.



I bet I will look a little closer next time...
supr87gt
hunter
 
Posts: 462
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:26 am
Location: Herscher, IL

Re: North Zone Youth Hunt

Postby KillerKowalski » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:56 pm

xtrema13 wrote:
supr87gt wrote:
xtrema13 wrote:
KillerKowalski wrote:I might be incorrect, but I thought it closes 10 days before duck and no youth season exists there. Only the 60 day duck season is allowed.

There is a youth season. I took my brother out and got a wood duck and a widgeon.



Did you hunt at heidecke lake?

nope. fox river.


So why add that you killed birds on the Fox?!?! Am I missing something here?
User avatar
KillerKowalski
hunter
 
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:25 pm
Location: Where racketeering, conspiracy, fraud and soliciting of bribes for political appointments is normal

Re: North Zone Youth Hunt

Postby KillerKowalski » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:57 pm

supr87gt wrote:
KillerKowalski wrote:I might be incorrect, but I thought it closes 10 days before duck and no youth season exists there. Only the 60 day duck season is allowed.



I bet I will look a little closer next time...


Not sure if this will help you or not. http://dnr.state.il.us/lands/Landmgt/hu ... _wtfwl.htm

I didn't see anything about youth season, but didn't read the entire document.
User avatar
KillerKowalski
hunter
 
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:25 pm
Location: Where racketeering, conspiracy, fraud and soliciting of bribes for political appointments is normal

Re: North Zone Youth Hunt

Postby supr87gt » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:59 am

KillerKowalski wrote:
supr87gt wrote:
KillerKowalski wrote:I might be incorrect, but I thought it closes 10 days before duck and no youth season exists there. Only the 60 day duck season is allowed.



I bet I will look a little closer next time...


Not sure if this will help you or not. http://dnr.state.il.us/lands/Landmgt/hu ... _wtfwl.htm

I didn't see anything about youth season, but didn't read the entire document.


I saw that document but didn't see any dates. I want to keep telling myself that the wind kept it closed so I dont feel like an idiot. Either way, we will be back at it this weekend. Not sure yet though if Im taking him to the North zone so I can hunt too or just letting him have at it in the central zone with the rest of the youngins.
supr87gt
hunter
 
Posts: 462
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:26 am
Location: Herscher, IL


Return to Illinois Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests