Free To a Good Home: Cabelas Layout Blind

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker

Free To a Good Home: Cabelas Layout Blind

Postby KillerKowalski » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:21 am

Yes, free. I donated decoys last year to the forum and this is my gift this year. There is a catch. The person in need of a layout must be unemployed or a youth hunter. I prefer to donate it to a youth hunter though. I purchased it around 2004 and hunted it many times. I have three layouts and obviously can only use one at a time. Cabelas made it and I cannot recall a model name. It might be one of the first Interceptors. As you can see, it does have a hole on the left side about eight inches (don't leave food wrappers in the blind to long. The mice sure enjoy them). There are rips at the top of both doors at the seam, but still works fine. Actually, I was going to sew elastic were the seam ripped and never got to it. It constructs with four pins and I should have three out of the four. Home Depot or Lowe's will carry them for a few bucks.

I really want this to go to someone that will put it to use. I know it's not much, but I know it can get someone started into our addiction we all share. I still remember being sixteen wishing I had something to hide in except digging into the dirt, making a trench, and putting three pounds of corn stalks over me as I stared straight up at the sky for hours. I always came home with a sore neck. :mad:

This is pick up only and I am willing to meet within reason. It's located in New Lenox at the moment and even though I live North of NL, the blind is actually longer than my daily driver. It really won't fit into my Fiat. I will take my truck out of storage after Central duck opens and should be available for pickup in Naperville.

I ask for nothing in return. Nothing. I only do this to pay it forward. Before I got my driver license, I was sitting in the passenger seat of my Dad's '85 Accord. While in the drive-thru of a Dunkin Donuts the vehicle in front of us bought my Dad's coffee. My Dad never knew who the person was and was never able to say thank you. I will never forget it. This is my thank you to the person who bought my Dad his coffee that rainy morning. Please I ask for integrity in everyone that will send a request for it.
Attachments
photo.JPG
Last edited by KillerKowalski on Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Re: Free To A Good Home: Cabelas Layout Blind

Postby malrdmasher » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:37 am

pm sent
malrdmasher
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:40 pm

Blind has been accounted for.

I'm glad it's finding a new home.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:38 pm

Cool! :thumbsup:
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby abeauchamp63 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:06 pm

:thumbsup: props to you mister Kowalski...we need more duck hunters like this....today you do something nice for someone and they look at you like your crazy......
abeauchamp63
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:16 am

Thank you! I hope others would be doing the same. I am a firm believer that our tradition needs be passed down.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby DBrooke » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:22 pm

It's a Cabela's Mobile 1 ;) Good blind

Used to have one until a "dispute" caused it to disappear from my farm.
DBrooke
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:51 pm

Dave! How the hell are ya? I was wonderin where you have been.

And, thanks for the model name and number. I couldn't remember.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby DBrooke » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:42 am

KillerKowalski wrote:Dave! How the hell are ya? I was wonderin where you have been.

And, thanks for the model name and number. I couldn't remember.

Long summer, new laptop for personal use so I could do all my decal work on my other computer and lost my personal info on it. SO yeah I'm still alive :lol3:
DBrooke
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting