Does the permit holder have to be present ? yes permit holder has to be present to claim a blind from the permit box. If the person with the permit is not present then you are thrown out of the permit draw box. This does not mean you can't get a blind; you simply just need to fill out slip and can be put in the public draw when the permit holders are finished drawing.
2. Is a boat required ? Not for all blinds; every blind except three have boats at the blind. The three blinds without a boat are only accessible by personal boat other than these three blinds every blind has a boat and oars provided.
3. Do the blinds have a spot for dogs ? The blinds do not have dog boxes like most public blinds. Some blinds are tighter than others and would be pretty snug/dangerous with a dog. Unless you want to take a dog blind I would suggest not taking a dog.
4. Are decoys provided ? Decoys can be borrowed for the day from the check station. You sign them out and can use their decoys (they are not the best decoys, but guess if you dont have any of your own there better than nothing). Most people use there own decoys.
5. What if we are unable to go ? If your not able to go there is no penalty to you. You simply lose your permit for the day.
6. How far is it from parking to the blind ? Parking from the blinds vary from 100 yards to over a mile. Different blinds are different distances depending on which blind you choose. I would say other than a handful of blinds be prepared to have a good hall to most blinds. Which is sometimes a pain and a lot of work with decoys, guns, shell bags, and what ever else you might need to carry to the blind.
What else do I need to know ? Some other tips is some of the blinds are very very very deep. I would suggest asking the DRN personal if it is safe to wade. Sometimes the blinds can be 3 feet in one area and drop off to 15 feet quickly. I would make sure you know it is 10$ per day per person to hunt as well permit or no permit. The money goes to the DNR for blind expensies, oars, boats, and other misc things. The Draw is at 5 am every morning no dependance on shooting time. If you have a permit make sure your there on time cause they draw right on the dot.
P.S. pm me with any further questions or if I can help ya out with anything else