Duck lease or Club openings.

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker

Duck lease or Club openings.

Postby Mortis » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:17 am

I'm looking for a duck lease or an established duck club looking for members in the Hennepin or Chillicothe area . Have 2 hunters and would like to be able to use our dog. Other option would be any place that offers daily fee in those areas. We have both hunted over 30 years and live in central Illinois and our lease here is just not producing anymore. Any information on opportunities in Illinois would be appreciated.
Mortis
Newb

Re: Duck lease or Club openings.

Postby BEDB » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:46 am

Have you heard of donnellys? Its public, ten bucks a person, ya go into the draw and they give you a boat and decoys are in the blind. Theyve been killin a few birds this year. They got 15 blinds
Flocked Wear Field Staff
Bring 'em Down Boys Pro Staff
lock 'em n rock 'em
BEDB
hunter

Postby bassnbud8 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:19 am

BEDB wrote:Have you heard of donnellys? Its public, ten bucks a person, ya go into the draw and they give you a boat and decoys are in the blind. Theyve been killin a few birds this year. They got 15 blinds

Where is donnellys? How many people show up for the draw?
bassnbud8
hunter

Postby BEDB » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:21 pm

bassnbud8 wrote:
BEDB wrote:Have you heard of donnellys? Its public, ten bucks a person, ya go into the draw and they give you a boat and decoys are in the blind. Theyve been killin a few birds this year. They got 15 blinds

Where is donnellys? How many people show up for the draw?

Its kinda out by hennepin. Its right on the bend of the river. Look on the idnr website and youll find it. It all depends how many people will be there. Usually bout forty groups of guys opening weekend but tends to be kinda slow as the season goes on. Thanksgiving usually has 10-15 groups but a typical saturday or sunday probly 5-10 groups. Its a nice deal for ten bucks. Three man blinds. I havent hunted it this year but before i had a boat i would go there with my buddies every weekend. We were always the first guys there and the last ones out but we liked it there and we killed birds. PM me with any specific questions
Flocked Wear Field Staff
Bring 'em Down Boys Pro Staff
lock 'em n rock 'em
BEDB
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting