Snakeden Hollow?

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Snakeden Hollow?

Postby QuackSmacker935 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:28 pm

Hey guys as you can tell I'm new on here. This is my second year hunting and I had entered the lottery for goose permits and got one at Snakeden on Nov. 4th. So my question is, is it worth going there this early in the year or even at all with having a spot on the river that is producing? I'm not asking for the best blind spots just whether or not it's worth making a day out of. I found out they only allow 2 hunters per blind and I"m unversed on accessibilty to blinds as far as hauling gear. Any input would be great. Thanks!
Last edited by QuackSmacker935 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QuackSmacker935
hunter

Re: Snakeden Hollow?

Postby kb9zgb » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:54 pm

Never been there but it sure looks sweet http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Aeria ... ty_01A.jpg
hell bring a fishing pole along with too.
kb9zgb
hunter

Re: Snakeden Hollow?

Postby Hcalls » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:54 pm

You hunt from two man pits. Some pits are a short walk, others are a hike. The lake is the refuge and the pits surround the lake next to cut corn fields. Snakeden is near Victoria Illinois (population 300) which is out in BFE. This early in the year it is a toss up. If you have a spot producing good ducks or geese I would not go to Snakeden. There are usually geese at Snakeden but, you can shoot a duck or two. There is a 10 shell limit which keeps most guys from shooting ducks. Hope this helps. PM me if you want more info.
See Ya
Hcalls
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting