South Central Zone

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, Illinois-Ducker

South Central Zone

Postby ILgoosehunter12 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:41 pm

Well, opening day for youth season is tomorrow and wanted to wish you guys takin' the youngin's huntin' good luck. I will be out with a youngin' hopefully going to kill his first duck.

Good luck guys!
I don't want it, i just need it. To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive
ILgoosehunter12
hunter

Re: South Central Zone

Postby MODuckkiller » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:32 pm

ILgoosehunter12 wrote:Well, opening day for youth season is tomorrow and wanted to wish you guys takin' the youngin's huntin' good luck. I will be out with a youngin' hopefully going to kill his first duck.

Good luck guys!

How'd it go?
MIZ
-MODuckkiller
MODuckkiller
hunter

Postby coulterville33 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:16 pm

Kids were loven the widgeon on Sat and Sunday only killed a few birds but they all shot almost a box of shells a piece and had a good time. A little of gads. And widgeon around
coulterville33
hunter

Postby deathranger333 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:59 pm

Went with the wifes dad and little brouther on Sat. He got a limit of woodies a GWT and Mallard hen. Saw a ton of woodies. 5 days and a wake up.......
"I guarantee zero. Anything after that is a bonus." Jimbo from RNT
deathranger333
hunter

Postby ILgoosehunter12 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:41 pm

MODuckkiller wrote:
ILgoosehunter12 wrote:Well, opening day for youth season is tomorrow and wanted to wish you guys takin' the youngin's huntin' good luck. I will be out with a youngin' hopefully going to kill his first duck.

Good luck guys!

How'd it go?

Took a kid Saturday for the first time duck hunting and it was a blast for him. He got to shoot his first duck and the first duck out of my boat. His first two ducks were GWT. I was very impressed with the kids shooting, especially on these two teal. He was especially excited when I let him put his name on the inside of my blind for the first duck out of the boat.
Took another kid on his first duck hunt and he had a blast too. We had killed our limit of wood ducks in 10 minutes and decided to sit and wait on some mallards. They didn't fly that good, so he popped off two shovler hens and a gadwall hen. It was fun, I can't wait to take some kids next year.
I don't want it, i just need it. To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive
ILgoosehunter12
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting