Hunting the fox river

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Hunting the fox river

Postby Good Guy » Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:58 pm

Greetings, I live near Oswego Il, and have a wonderful lab. I'm looking for hunting spots and or a partner to hunt with on the Fox river in the Oswego/Yorkville area.

I'd also like to know if there are any duck clubs in the surrounding area like around Utica.

Any help will be greatly appreciated (especially by my lab) :thumbsup:
Good Guy
Newb

Postby duckaholic_16p » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:40 pm

do you know anyone from oswego with the last name Davis?
duckaholic_16p
hunter

Postby Good Guy » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:31 am

No, I've olny lived in this area for about two years.
Good Guy
Newb

Fox River

Postby BackwaterJac » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:08 pm

I live over in the Woodstock area, and I am also new to the area. Maybe we could combine our efforts and come up with some mutual ground. I am also looking for a an area on the Fox River.
Do you have a Boat of any kind? I have resorted to hunting from a Kayak. Not as roomy but allows access to some great backwater areas, and is stealthy and easy to camo!! P.M. me if you want to discuss it further.
BackwaterJac
Newb

Postby goosehunter64 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:43 pm

We hunt the Fox, near the Silver Springs area. Probably hunt different spots along it this year.
Rob.
Team WingLock
Lock'em "N" Rock'em
goosehunter64
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:41 am

Backwaterjack, take a look at the McHenry county conservation district's website. They have some Marsh hunting that is so so but close to home. There are a ton of hoops to jump through but what do we expect for hunting in Northern Illinois. There is a registration deadline that is comming up soon. I did it last year we had the four days around Thanks Giving. On the 1st day between two of us we killed a few birds. Then the cold weather came in and pushed all the birds out. I was going to do it again, but got invited to hunt wit some friends in Savanna, Il.

If you are interestedin a little club upland hunting this season shoot me a pm sometime. I live in Cary and have a membership at the Coon Creek Hunt club. I am always loking for some guys to go kill some chickens with me.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby Wetmuwmuv » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:44 pm

Where you get it???
Wetmuwmuv

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:01 pm

There are public hunting spots on the fox river between yorkville and silver spring. They have stakes marking the spots. I'm not sure of the details, but I'm sure some searching on the web or the DNR site will turn up something.

There are also several fishing and duck hunting clubs off of rt 126 between plainfield and I-55. I'm a member of the Bass and Gill club. I got 6 geese this past weekend. Pure Rod and Gun also has hunting. You won't be able to duck hunt at B&G this year because there are work requirements before the season. PM me if you want more details.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting