Rice lake walk in Vorhese questions?

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Rice lake walk in Vorhese questions?

Postby lil_mason09 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:23 pm

I just have a few question about vorhese I have never hunted there and was wondering how far walks are? And I know that it is flooded so do you have to walk thru the flooded fields to get to your spot? Is there blinds or should I bring a stool to sit on? I am not asking for info on what areas produce! Just the basic info that would help make things easier on my walk in! Thanks for any help guys!
Jake
lil_mason09
hunter

Re: Rice lake walk in Vorhese questions?

Postby Hcalls » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:20 pm

You hunt from a stake. The walk to some stakes is very far. At minimum the closest stakes will have you breaking a good sweat. It consists of flooded areas that vary in terrain from stake to stake. You hide in the vegetation surrounding the stake. If you would like more information about the Rice Lake walk-ins PM me.
See Ya
Hcalls
hunter

Postby clwalkin » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:54 pm

Screw that. If you can take a boat and jump the levee it ain't worth going. :lol3:
clwalkin
hunter

Postby waterfowler9 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:12 pm

Be sure to have a back up plan. Its going to start getting really crowded inside the trailer (and down the stairs).
waterfowler9
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting