Hunting in Hancock County

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Hunting in Hancock County

Postby Baseball21 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:39 pm

Hey guys, me and a few of my buddies from Indiana are looking to go duck or goose hunting on the west central side of Illinois in Hancock County near the Miss. River. We are looking for either a guide service, or someone that waterfowl hunts and knows the area. We have all of the equipment from a boat to a trialer full of decoys. We just need some help with finding a spot(s) for a 2-3 day hunt. shoot me a PM if you can help us out.
Baseball21
hunter

Re: Hunting in Hancock County

Postby riverrat47 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:26 pm

I dont know anything about them, but there is a Warsaw Hunt (or Duck)Club that offers day hunts. They have a website. Its the only waterfowling club that I'm aware of in Hancock county.
Semper Fi, Marines

Casey 1997-2011 RIP
riverrat47
hunter

Postby UKBDM » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:37 am

www.warsawbottoms.com

Can't remember the name but they will return calls and emails.
UKBDM
hunter

Postby luie b » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:51 pm

riverrat47 wrote:I dont know anything about them, but there is a Warsaw Hunt (or Duck)Club that offers day hunts. They have a website. Its the only waterfowling club that I'm aware of in Hancock county.

I'm from Hancock County (Hamilton) and have lived and hunted here all my life and there really is no area around here where you can just boat in and hunt. But that warsaw bottoms hunt club is run by my dad's ex boss and he's a good duck hunter and he's got some good holes down there in the river bottoms. If you want to do it yourself without a guide I would go to the Illinois river because they have more drawing sites and stuff like that where an out of stater can come in and hunt without having to have a registered blind or something along that sort. What made you wanna hunt Hancock County?
**2014-2015 Illinois Waterfowl Season**
Blue-winged teal - 14
luie b
hunter

Postby Baseball21 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:30 am

The reason we are specifically going to hancock county, actually near hamilton is because we have a place to stay along the river. We have talked about going with the the hunt club in warsaw.
Baseball21
hunter

Postby luie b » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:06 pm

Baseball21 wrote:The reason we are specifically going to hancock county, actually near hamilton is because we have a place to stay along the river. We have talked about going with the the hunt club in warsaw.

Are you staying in a hotel or have something else lined up? We don't have a lot of hotels around here except for Quincy and Keokuk. And if you're wanting places to go eat it's pretty limited for options in Warsaw and Hamilton, but Quincy is about 30-35 minutes from Warsaw and has lots of places to eat and stuff to do. When did you say you're hunting down here?
**2014-2015 Illinois Waterfowl Season**
Blue-winged teal - 14
luie b
hunter

Postby Baseball21 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:27 pm

We have a house we are gonna be staying at just north of hamilton, and we are gonna be coming out that way December 14th and be there till the 16th.
Baseball21
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting