Pool 13

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Pool 13

Postby gearhead80 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:38 am

Anyone been out to Thompson to Mickelsons or Potters (whatever you wanna call it there by the locks) this week? Just wondering if there were enough ducks around to make it worth the drive for tomorrow.. Thanks for the input.
If I ask a question, I don't want your opinion. I want facts.
Don't tell me something you think, tell me something you know.
It's easier to say I don't know, than make something up.
Although, being a forum the next guy will know more no matter what.
gearhead80
hunter

Re: Pool 13

Postby Blackcloud870 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:52 am

Yep. I was out there recently. And it is LOADED.......with skybusters, trappers, and idiots who wait until 10 mins AFTER lst to drive directly through your decoy spread, then set up within 100yds of your set. A couple of my buddies hunt in the DeKalb area and they hammered them on Monday and Tuesday. Just my $0.02.
threedogs wrote: wrote:One word, Inflatable decoys......

DanJeffandJack wrote:I just drink beer and crush box.

That's how I remain the physical specimen that I am.
Blackcloud870
hunter

Postby gearhead80 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:01 am

Blackcloud870 wrote:Yep. I was out there recently. And it is LOADED.......with skybusters, trappers, and idiots who wait until 10 mins AFTER lst to drive directly through your decoy spread, then set up within 100yds of your set. A couple of my buddies hunt in the DeKalb area and they hammered them on Monday and Tuesday. Just my $0.02.

Yea I know there are some real screwballs that go there but I haven't had that bad of luck there..Yet... That sounds terrible. My Dekalb area guys are deer hunting this weekend so I have to do something else, so my options are hunt the rock or over there tomorrow. So I figured I'd give over there since maybe those idiots will be in tree stand and not in their boats.. haha
gearhead80
hunter

Postby Heath44 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:51 pm

Hunted mickelsons sat and Sun pretty slow both days but still shot birds I've gotten reports from a group that only hunts during the week an since the front come through they have been doing pretty well a lot of ducks being seen but not all are willing to work the decoys or commit I'll be deer hunting otherwise I'd be back on the water either way good luck to ya
Heath44
hunter

Postby Sfd714 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:01 pm

My luck at mickelsons hasn't ben good.but the guy i hunt with has ben doing good.

Sent from behind the hood of a long nose pete.
Sfd714
hunter

Postby justinduckman7 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:58 pm

Well shot a nice 8 pointer yesterday got skunked today . So tomorrow morning me and my cousin are head up to good old Thompson to see how we far on some duck. Ill save my doe tag for second slug season. Good luck to everyone tomorrow
(IF IT FLIES IT DIES AND IF IT SITS THEIR IT STILL DIES ) Let's go shoot their faces off
justinduckman7
hunter

Re: Re: Pool 13

Postby Sfd714 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:13 pm

justinduckman7 wrote:Well shot a nice 8 pointer yesterday got skunked today . So tomorrow morning me and my cousin are head up to good old Thompson to see how we far on some duck. Ill save my doe tag for second slug season. Good luck to everyone tomorrow

Picture of Buck? I got aint seen anything all weekend.

Sfd714
hunter

Postby justinduckman7 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:19 pm

ill try to post a pic its not no record but it dressed at 185 . pics are on my i phone
(IF IT FLIES IT DIES AND IF IT SITS THEIR IT STILL DIES ) Let's go shoot their faces off
justinduckman7
hunter

Re: Re: Pool 13

Postby Sfd714 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:33 pm

justinduckman7 wrote:ill try to post a pic its not no record but it dressed at 185 . pics are on my i phone

Ok. I think i need a refresher on what one looks like lol.

Sfd714
hunter

Postby gearhead80 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:04 pm

Hunted up there friday and scratched 4 divers. 3 Redheads and a Can with just 2 of us. Not too exciting but there are plenty of ducks around. This weather needs to help out for sure.
gearhead80
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting