Kankakee State Park

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, Illinois-Ducker

Kankakee State Park

Postby DagSwane » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:34 am

Has anyone had any success thus far this 2012 season? Been out 6 times with opening day the best and skunked every time since. Terrible. We have a big spread, seasoned guys, good calls etc. We're seeing nothing even flying that way (from afew different blinds), we don't hear shooting to the east or west. We are gonna get out to other spots, just wish there was more that didn't require a boat, we have one, but it's more time consuming. To stop and meet and load up etc. I don't mind working throwing weight on my back and walking a tree line or even through shallow water. Hoping to have better luck in the future

Semper
DagSwane
Newb

Re: Kankakee State Park

Postby supr87gt » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:48 pm

Been out a few times...
supr87gt
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:02 am

There are some prime fields in your neck of the woods that are holding a few hundred geese daily. I hope you know which ones they are. As far as I know, no one has been hunting them this year. Scout, scout, scout
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby ctmsnow32 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:55 pm

Was out once down there. smaller spread, only 16 ducks and 9 geese (4 floaters and 5 full bodies) Got one mallard drake and blew it on another flock that bombed right in. I brought the lady friend out who enjoys bird watching and she counted 96 total birds. Not sure if that helps at all. The weather isnt looking like its going to change much anytime soon so I guess just try to enjoy the coffee and good times in the blind. good luck guys
ctmsnow32
hunter

Postby supr87gt » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:53 am

ctmsnow32 wrote:Was out once down there. smaller spread, only 16 ducks and 9 geese (4 floaters and 5 full bodies) Got one mallard drake and blew it on another flock that bombed right in. I brought the lady friend out who enjoys bird watching and she counted 96 total birds. Not sure if that helps at all. The weather isnt looking like its going to change much anytime soon so I guess just try to enjoy the coffee and good times in the blind. good luck guys

There's no birds.
supr87gt
hunter

Postby ctmsnow32 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:03 pm

supr87gt wrote:
ctmsnow32 wrote:Was out once down there. smaller spread, only 16 ducks and 9 geese (4 floaters and 5 full bodies) Got one mallard drake and blew it on another flock that bombed right in. I brought the lady friend out who enjoys bird watching and she counted 96 total birds. Not sure if that helps at all. The weather isnt looking like its going to change much anytime soon so I guess just try to enjoy the coffee and good times in the blind. good luck guys

There's no birds.

Just telling you what I saw...
ctmsnow32
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting