Pit for Lease - Marion, IL

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, Illinois-Ducker

Pit for Lease - Marion, IL

Postby DetectDave » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:57 am

Well, 2 of my pit partners are moving to the North Zone looking for more opportunities. As such, my other partner and I decided to join some old friends over in Ware and put in a new pit that will primarily focus on quackers. The reason for this post is that the folks we currently lease from will have 2 open pits now located approx 5 miles N of Lake of Egypt and approx 3-4 miles east of the Crab Orchard refuge. Both pits are in very good shape and one is new last year. The property owners are very nice folks and allowed us to store all our dekes on site. We never ever had a theft problem and the the hunting area is secure as well. When the count hits above 15K or so, these pits will kill every day. Below that and you are on your own. If you think you might be interested, shoot me an email @ DetectDave@charter.net and I will put you in touch w the property owner and give you more info if requested.
DetectDave
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting