Just curious

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Just curious

Postby Grossy23 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:18 pm

I'm not askn where u hunt , what blind u have or how many birds you've killed . I'm just curious to hear how the season has gone for everybody . Here in the central zone we just passed halfway , down south they just started . Northern boys r getn ready for geese . Where I'm at duck season has stunk , on pace for my worst ever and I'm not alone . Record flight indeed .
Grossy23
hunter

Re: Just curious

Postby Cujo1 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:29 pm

Grossy23 wrote:I'm not askn where u hunt , what blind u have or how many birds you've killed . I'm just curious to hear how the season has gone for everybody . Here in the central zone we just passed halfway , down south they just started . Northern boys r getn ready for geese . Where I'm at duck season has stunk , on pace for my worst ever and I'm not alone . Record flight indeed .

For me, just like last year, good! I am having to work for the birds but I always do. There are many people that say we don't have birds but the truth is we have a lot and a lot have already gone through. We still need weather and a push of new birds, don't get me wrong, but I couldn't be much happier. I mean if I can kill birds when it is 60 degrees out wity no ice, frozen motors and all of that crap, hell ya! I do wish the geese would come back though :crying:
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby QuackHonkBang » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:25 am

My duck numbers are up from last year. But still overall a poor season for me. Geese have been pretty good this year.
QuackHonkBang
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:12 am

Worst start in twelve years. 165% down through the end of this week. I'm not keeping track or anything. I completed my sixteenth day hunting yesterday. There have been some mistakes on my part, but these ducks are still not here. They aren't South of us. They will come. Just depends when, but they will.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby rism » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:14 am

Ducks are here. Just not doing anything. At one of the state areas you can hear them in the refuge and some days the noise is deafening. They have been in the going to feed at dark since the start of the season and with only a few exceptions on the cold days they haven't changed. No need to when the don't need the energy. They can pick all the millet, hogweed, smartweed they want in the refuge during the day. Water is also getting stale and smelly w/ no rain. Ducks like fresh water !!! Latest Missouri River count as of 11/28 - 29 shows 756,000 ducks on the river and reservoirs from the middle of the S. Dakota on to the edge of Ia./Nebraska. Nothing in the forseeable future to make them move either. Hard to kill them if they don't fly, doesn't matter how many there are !!!
rism
hunter

Postby 1080tommy » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:22 am

I have had a pretty good season. I have seen as many if not more ducks than last season but they have been hard to get working. I agree that there is nothing happening to get them up and moving. Just when it seems to start getting cold it warms up again. I have heard what you are talking about on The Fox River near The Fox River Preserve in Barrington. You can hear them back in the refuge but they just don't fly all that much and just after shooting is over, many fly from one side of the river to the other. The birds are there but just not willing to get up all that much during the day.
1080tommy
hunter

Just curious

Postby jaysweet3 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:23 pm

Canada was awesome, home has been slow. Gonna start going down to SEMO in a couple weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting