A little disappointed

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

A little disappointed

Postby WTRlabDOG » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:19 pm

Hey Ya'll

I hope everyone is having a better season then me. I've gotten 14 birds thus far this season. Not really complaining because a bad day hunting is better then a good day at work. I'm just hoping that this weather decides to take a turn fast.

Just remember to stay safe and good hunting.
Please check out my website @ http://www.capitol-outdoorsman..com

Follow me on twitter @capitoloutdoors
Follow me on facebook @ capitoloutdoorsman
WTRlabDOG
hunter

Re: A little disappointed

Postby 1080tommy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:45 pm

I feel ya!! I know that just getting out is great but waterfowl can be tiring when no birds are working the spread. I have had a pretty good season so far but have hunted hard. Have more birds than last year but also hunted more because I got my duck rig at the end of last season. Hope we get a push before the season ends but the weather does not look like it is going to cooperate.
1080tommy
hunter

Postby Luvawoodie » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:15 pm

Doing OK aint got out much though only 8 days 32 ducks 3 of those days big goose eggs. Need some cold weather, I dont think it'll ever come! Wish we'd go to split seasons.
Voted "Handsdown the Biggest Jackwagon On the Site" by Shouldabeenswallowed!!!

My own prostaff
Luvawoodie
hunter

Postby DRYLOK » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:16 pm

I just got my license the day before thanksgiving. Sunday night i went to get a pizza wearing shorts and sandals.
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
-Thomas Jefferson-
DRYLOK
hunter

Postby Luvawoodie » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:52 pm

Why was the Pizza wearing shorts and sandals?
Voted "Handsdown the Biggest Jackwagon On the Site" by Shouldabeenswallowed!!!

My own prostaff
Luvawoodie
hunter

Postby buckwild » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:14 pm

I have been using this site for about 3 years...is there ever a time where people to whine and nag about the lack of ducks/geese?
buckwild
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:30 pm

Luvawoodie wrote:Why was the Pizza wearing shorts and sandals?

Funny stuff right there. :lol:

Drylok has a point. But, last year at 11 a.m. in 60* weather was a lesson for me killing our last duck to limit out that day. Never know what is going to happen. Odds are against anything flying. They are loafing for hours on end.

The geese still aren't moving outside their daily patterns. The same three geese have returned to my subdivision pond three years in a row. They eat the same grass daily in a spot 10 x 10. How do I know they are the same three?? All three have leg bands and one with a neck ban. It's mind boggling how they know where the safe spot is to feed year after year. God knows where they went after the freeze the last three years and they come back the same time every year. An amazing bird.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby supr87gt » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:28 am

buckwild wrote:I have been using this site for about 3 years...is there ever a time where people to whine and nag about the lack of ducks/geese?

Good point. Another thread on the front page is a guy telling a story about losing a good friend and hunting partner. Then you have someone complaining about not killing enough ducks this year...Yeah, I see how bad your life is :rolleyes:
supr87gt
hunter

Postby riverrat47 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:54 am

Killer,
Too bad Wonderbread went out of business. A loaf of wonderbread and a pellet gun and you could have "foiles" them, adding bands to your lanyard. :biggrin:
Semper Fi, Marines

Casey 1997-2011 RIP
riverrat47
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:06 am

riverrat47 wrote:Killer,
Too bad Wonderbread went out of business. A loaf of wonderbread and a pellet gun and you could have "foiles" them, adding bands to your lanyard. :biggrin:

Jeffery sure taught the American duck hunting world what exactly not to do. :hammer: What a crash and burn for that business. I am ashamed at times to hang three of his calls on my lanyard, but money is tight. I read on here in a thread a guy got a brand new SMH for $40 at his local Gander on a clearance shelf.

I really do enjoy watching those three daily.

Supr87gt, I was thinking the same last night. Ashame.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby lovedd » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:32 pm

TAlk about ducks being hard to come by this year, I watched a flock of 6 ducks circle a flock of 8 ducks that were on the water, for about 10 minutes. They would come in cupped and then flare, seen it happen about 5 differrent times and when they finally did land they were about 100 feet behind the ducks on the water and swam into them. So it aint me our my decs ,when real birds cant even get birds to land in the hole
If I'm not here check OUTSIDE
lovedd
hunter

Postby lovedd » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:34 pm

Dont give the guy a hard time for complaining, thats want WWW. is for.
If I'm not here check OUTSIDE
lovedd
hunter

Postby supr87gt » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:05 pm

lovedd wrote:Dont give the guy a hard time for complaining, thats want WWW. is for.

Coming to his aid so you can cry about the same thing doesn't make it ok.
supr87gt
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting