Time in the blind..

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, Illinois-Ducker

Time in the blind..

Postby lil_mason09 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:34 pm

Last Tuesday 3 good hunting buddies and I shared a normal morning in the duck blind. We laughed and joked and just talked about the stupid things we take for granted everytime we step foot in the blind. The sun came up and we saw a few ducks buzzing the water nothing to get excited about tho. The morning went on and the skies were empty, we complained about how much this sucked we had gotten no action all morning. Well there was nothing flying at all so we decided to pick up earlier than normal. Now fast forward to Sunday morning, I had woke up just like any other Sunday morning and made a pot of coffee and decided to call one of my buddies to see what was up. When he answered he sounded very concerned and told me to come over to his house ASAP. So I rushed to my car and drove there as fast as I could. I walked in and he said that our good buddy had passed away last night. Now the time in the duck blind was not our only times together infact we were together often many times during the week outside of the blind but those times in the duck blind leave his most lasting memories on me. If I that would be the last time I would share the blind with him I would have sat there all day long. I would give up anything to spend one more morning in the blind with him. I guess what I am trying to say as much as we have complained how bad the season has been just enjoy the time in the blind with those that you love becasue they will not always be there. Some sooner than others because in this life you never know what is going to happen. In these hard time I ask you to please say a prayer for all of his family and friends.
lil_mason09
hunter

Re: Time in the blind..

Postby Cujo1 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:47 pm

Sorry to hear. We do take way too much for granted. Cherish those memories :thumbsup:
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Time in the blind..

Postby jaysweet3 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:50 am

Sorry for your troubles. That's a tough one.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby sureshot 612 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:17 pm

dont beat yourself up about staying later you didnt know , no one ever does , you planned on a never ending season that would last for many year to come , the memories is something you will have , and something you will look back on. sorry for your loss and prayers to the family.
the no duck dynasty zone
sureshot 612
hunter

Location: where ever i want, back to loner time I'm at the next level.riders for a fee

Postby KillerKowalski » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:21 pm

Sorry for your loss. You are right. We, or should I say I, lose sight that hunting has more to offer then the harvest and not the only result of what the day offered. I'll admit I get frustrated with a few partners, but shouldn't and treasure the times I have out there with them.

Brews, blinds and brotherhood is where it's at. :beer:
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby buckwild » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:09 pm

nice post. Sorry about your loss. Unfortunately we all need a little reminder of what hunting is really about.
buckwild
hunter

Postby lil_mason09 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:15 pm

Thanks guys for the kind words thoughts and prayers.
lil_mason09
hunter

Postby neon58 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:52 pm

All you can do is be thankful for the memories.
neon58
hunter

Postby 1080tommy » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:01 am

Thanks for sharing that. I needed that reminder. Sorry for the loss of your partner.
1080tommy
hunter

Postby supr87gt » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:29 am

1080tommy wrote:Thanks for sharing that. I needed that reminder. Sorry for the loss of your partner.

:ditto:
supr87gt
hunter

Postby Yankeegray » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:50 pm

Sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.
Yankeegray
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting