IDNR 13th Annual Central Youth Goose Hunt

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, Illinois-Ducker

IDNR 13th Annual Central Youth Goose Hunt

Postby KillerKowalski » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:17 pm

I forgot to post this a few weeks ago and tomorrow is the deadline if anyone is interested. I apologize, but I hope posting this at least one more youth could get entered.

"The deadline is Friday, Dec. 7 for interested youth to register for the 13th annual Central Illinois Youth Goose Hunt. The hunt, sponsored by the IDNR on Dec. 26-27, will be conducted at private waterfowl hunting clubs in Peoria, Fulton and Knox counties. Youth hunters must phone in to 217-785-8060 to register for a drawing to participate in the hunt by Dec. 7. The drawing will be conducted on Dec. 10 and youth hunters selected will be notified by mail. First-time applicants will be given a priority over previous participants in the drawing. The hunt is open to youngsters ages 10-15 at the time of the hunt. All applicants must have successfully completed a hunter safety education course, possess a valid Illinois hunting or sportsman's license, have a Harvest Information Program (HIP) registration number, and have a 20-gauge or larger shotgun. Youth hunt participants must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who must possess a valid firearm owner's identification (FOID) card. To register for the hunt or for more information, call 217-785-8060."
KillerKowalski
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting