New Ducks ?

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, Illinois-Ducker

Re: New Ducks ?

Postby River City » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:38 pm

The hunting at Sanganois sucks. I'll kiss your butt if there are any new ducks there.
River City
hunter

Postby BEDB » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:25 pm

River City wrote:The hunting at Sanganois sucks. I'll kiss your butt if there are any new ducks there.

Ima ways from there but i think the new birds we had monday, for the most part, kept going. Pretty good ice the last two mornings and substantially lower numbers if you ask me
Flocked Wear Field Staff
Bring 'em Down Boys Pro Staff
lock 'em n rock 'em
BEDB
hunter

Postby luie b » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:28 pm

Saw about 4 good groups of mallards on our goose hunt tonight. Not very good for what we usually see in that area this time of year but the amount of geese was crazy! We got to hunt this field and pond across the road from our usual blind and the geese always light up this field and sure enough they came in and we ended up 1 shy of a 2 man limit. And this was without layout blinds too. We had winter wheat behind us that we put our 2 dozen shell decoys in then we layed down in the tall grass on the edge of the pond and had our geese hovering a couple feet off our decoys when we shot. Ain't nothing better than that!
luie b
hunter

Postby supr87gt » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:39 am

I heard the geese are really thick around New Lenox.
supr87gt
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:52 am

supr87gt wrote:I heard the geese are really thick around New Lenox.

Pretty forthcoming for someone that doesn't want to help fellow hunters.

New Lenox has been taking in a lot of property, so most of the birds are within City limits and, most likely, only able to hunt the outskirts of the city limits. A hunt club has been leasing property from farmers and taking fields away from the traditionalist that have been hunting the fields for decades.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby supr87gt » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:01 am

KillerKowalski wrote:

New Lenox has been taking in a lot of property, so most of the birds are within City limits and, most likely, only able to hunt the outskirts of the city limits. A hunt club has been leasing property from farmers and taking fields away from the traditionalist that have been hunting the fields for decades.

You are correct. I dont care to help fellow "hunters" if they lurk on these sites to see where birds are then go sky bust at them.

At the same time, I am possibly saving a few "hunters" a further trip than necessary. They only have half the drive if they just stop in New Lenox. Gas is expensive and I am trying to help save them the money and the trip. :thumbsup:

That being said, a guy at work that commutes from there said that the birds he was seeing were outside of town. Who owns the farms, he doesn't know.
supr87gt
hunter

Postby asmythe32 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:14 am

supr87gt wrote:
KillerKowalski wrote:

You are correct. I dont care to help fellow "hunters" if they lurk on these sites to see where birds are then go sky bust at them.

At the same time, I am possibly saving a few "hunters" a further trip than necessary. They only have half the drive if they just stop in New Lenox. Gas is expensive and I am trying to help save them the money and the trip. :thumbsup:

That being said, a guy at work that commutes from there said that the birds he was seeing were outside of town. Who owns the farms, he doesn't know.

you guys figure out who has the bigger winkie yet? :hammer:
asmythe32
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:15 am

Everyone that looks at this site lurks! And, the fellow forum member that requested information isn't even an IL hunter!! He hunts out of state and never in IL. Man, I hope you have respect towards others whenever you meet them face-to-face.

Why do you assume people that "lurk" skybust?!?! Great assumption. Regardless, you are always welcome to join me for a hunt.

And for the lurkers, Braidwood, LaSalle, Heidecke, K3, IL River, Des Plaines River, MS River, and Horicon usually hold birds.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:18 am

asmythe32 wrote:you guys figure out who has the bigger winkie yet? :hammer:

He prob does. I use my lil worm to fish in the Spring.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby Weedwacker » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:12 am

To funny, PETA loves when hunters, outdoors folks argue!

I must be a real jag off!!

I have three people I call in Michigan who don't have the luxury of the Internet or emails, they work on the water. I call them regularly this time of year, see any birds, what color are they, is the water frozen???

Fun thing is, they never say a negative word, enjoy my call and I try and make sure to spend money with each through out the year.

Happy holidays!
It's not just a duck boat, it is a tatical platform for opportunity- weedwacker 101

Preserve game and hunt with a trained dog- NAVHDA

"In looking back thru his posts over there he kind of thinks of himself as the zen of all things fowl."
Weedwacker
hunter

Postby Braidwood Hunter » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:17 am

It's funny how the suburb guys that make noise on these sites are so similar to the suburb frat boys that I had the displeasure of meeting while at college :fingerhead:
Braidwood Hunter
hunter

Postby supr87gt » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:39 am

Braidwood Hunter wrote:It's funny how the suburb guys that make noise on these sites are so similar to the suburb frat boys that I had the displeasure of meeting while at college :fingerhead:

Don't waste your time.
supr87gt
hunter

Postby luie b » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:45 am

KillerKowalski wrote:Everyone that looks at this site lurks! And, the fellow forum member that requested information isn't even an IL hunter!! He hunts out of state and never in IL. Man, I hope you have respect towards others whenever you meet them face-to-face.

Why do you assume people that "lurk" skybust?!?! Great assumption. Regardless, you are always welcome to join me for a hunt.

And for the lurkers, Braidwood, LaSalle, Heidecke, K3, IL River, Des Plaines River, MS River, and Horicon usually hold birds.

Nope. Ducks hate the Mississippi River. Just too dirty or something. They won't even get near the thing.
luie b
hunter

Postby sureshot 612 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:53 am

man after all that i feel like I'm back on the fuge , if someone sits back and watches the post why are they an internet scouter , and if you dont like a post then dont reply, if your insecure about a sky buster huntering near you then move or learn how to make the birds commit to your spread , and let them watch the show.
the no duck dynasty zone
sureshot 612
hunter

Location: where ever i want, back to loner time I'm at the next level.riders for a fee

Postby sureshot 612 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:58 am

there is alway guys who are # chasers. and ones that drive by your spread and scan your deeks to see what they can copy. i see it on the other sight in there pics. but thats the thing about public hunting , game on.
the no duck dynasty zone
sureshot 612
hunter

Location: where ever i want, back to loner time I'm at the next level.riders for a fee

Postby BEDB » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:07 pm

luie b wrote:
KillerKowalski wrote:Everyone that looks at this site lurks! And, the fellow forum member that requested information isn't even an IL hunter!! He hunts out of state and never in IL. Man, I hope you have respect towards others whenever you meet them face-to-face.

Nope. Ducks hate the Mississippi River. Just too dirty or something. They won't even get near the thing.

True story. They wont even fly over the illinois river between Ottawa and Peoria either so dont bother huntin over here
Flocked Wear Field Staff
lock 'em n rock 'em
BEDB
hunter

Postby Braidwood Hunter » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:43 pm

Mr. Flocked Wear Prostaffer you are a liar...there must be some birds fly that route for you to have so many bands on your sweet lanyard...
Attachments
lanyard-black-large.jpg
lanyard-black-large.jpg (18.95 KiB) Viewed 526 times
Braidwood Hunter
hunter

Postby BEDB » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:45 pm

Braidwood Hunter wrote:Mr. Flocked Wear Prostaffer you are a liar...there must be some birds fly that route for you to have so many bands on your sweet lanyard...

Im actually a field staffer and ya see that aint my lanyard. You cant even see my lanyard because i got bands on bands on bands which were mostly shot in the fields surrounding braidwood. I would be willing to set ya up with some flocked wear gear though if youd like? We always apprecate a like on facebook too.
Flocked Wear Field Staff
lock 'em n rock 'em
BEDB
hunter

Postby Grossy23 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:11 pm

BUT , is anybody seeing new ducks hit ? Week or so to go in the central and you guys are bitching about bling ? LOL ! Amazing . :huh: Getm if you can , it's almost over .
Grossy23
hunter

Postby BEDB » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:17 pm

Grossy23 wrote:BUT , is anybody seeing new ducks hit ? Week or so to go in the central and you guys are bitching about bling ? LOL ! Amazing . :huh: Getm if you can , it's almost over .

I saw some new ducks moved in yesterday but i dont think it was a big push. I think there will be some new ducks come in thursday though. Supposed to be a high of 33 with snow and a 25 mph nw wind. Time to put on the big boy pants and kill some greenies
Flocked Wear Field Staff
lock 'em n rock 'em
BEDB
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:21 pm

Central on Sunday I saw a few thousand. Got into em' early in the day and then it slowed til the last two hours. Got two duck bands from the same flock. Killed everything that came in. Three short of limit. Hunted the same field today and nada. Barely any movement. Saw less then twenty-five ducks all day. Nothing would decoy. Thousands moved Sunday and then nothing today. It never makes sense. Best part was my partner recorded his first duck band and so did I.

Down to the wire now. Four more days out for me before it ends.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby BEDB » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:31 pm

KillerKowalski wrote:Central on Sunday I saw a few thousand. Got into em' early in the day and then it slowed til the last two hours. Got two duck bands from the same flock. Killed everything that came in. Three short of limit. Hunted the same field today and nada. Barely any movement. Saw less then twenty-five ducks all day. Nothing would decoy. Thousands moved Sunday and then nothing today. It never makes sense. Best part was my partner recorded his first duck band and so did I.

Down to the wire now. Four more days out for me before it ends.

IMO the day after a big blow, like sunday, always sucks cause all the ducks are tired and dont fly. Congrats on the band too
Flocked Wear Field Staff
lock 'em n rock 'em
BEDB
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:33 pm

Agree. Day off and wouldn't of spent it any other way. Best twenty hours spent in the last two days.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby Rebels32 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:30 am

Luckily two of the birds we knocked down had bans Killer..otherwise I was going to have to be a band claimer since I was at the bird first!
Rebels32
hunter

Postby Weedwacker » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:03 am

The suburban hunters found and saw new birds yesterday , was awesome! Went to a new spot, so they were new birds for us!
It's not just a duck boat, it is a tatical platform for opportunity- weedwacker 101

Preserve game and hunt with a trained dog- NAVHDA

"In looking back thru his posts over there he kind of thinks of himself as the zen of all things fowl."
Weedwacker
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting