lack of bird report

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

lack of bird report

Postby sureshot 612 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:46 pm

sat. left from 355 and I55 down to decatur , with the rain it sat. to see no local birds in fields or flight . no hunters at des plaines and for the $ 30.00 you spend i would stick it out , nothing all the way down past the hot tubes till just before bloomington .1 group of 8-12 geese on a small pond and nothing else the rest of the way . on the way back today 1 flock of geese over 51 near clinton . the same group of 8-12 on the other side of 55 on the way back. only 1 set of field hunters near braidwood . this time of year you would see trailers all over. then some field hunters at des plaines . 2 other single birds by joliet and that was it , not a single duck the whole way .i have made that trip for the past 25+ years. and always have seen more birds then that. its just a bad year and i dont think the birds will pass springfield this year. this is a year i wouldn't book a trip with a guide or take the time to do so unless i went north . that just me . good luck to all and have a good holiday. :beer:
8-mallard
3-gadwall
7-Bluebill
3-GW Teal
1-Smilen Hollywood
Just read it .
sureshot 612
hunter

Location: where ever i want, back to loner time I'm at the next level.riders for a fee

Re: lack of bird report

Postby QuackHonkBang » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:23 pm

ss612, the refuge forum celebrity!!! Good luck to you to!! It's been a rough year.
QuackHonkBang
hunter

Re: lack of bird report

Postby sureshot 612 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:43 pm

OH that was just killin time during a little rehab all they could do is kick me off ,i say i may be down but NEVER out. i ask why do some fear people just lookin if they have nothing to say , if a new be or a scouter parks next to me let them. then its game on . i enjoy a bird or birds locked and committed. il let them sit and dabble for there last time, i enjoy calling and committing birds even when they come off other blinds , sky busters and # chasers , over callers ,are just part of the fun . so no worries and no hurries it just the fun of hunting public , that is when i have to :wink:
8-mallard
3-gadwall
7-Bluebill
3-GW Teal
1-Smilen Hollywood
Just read it .
sureshot 612
hunter

Location: where ever i want, back to loner time I'm at the next level.riders for a fee

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting