camo netting

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, Illinois-Ducker

camo netting

Postby DRYLOK » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:17 am

Hi All,
I am using a permanet wood frame blind on my war eagle. I am looking for suggestions on blind material to cover with. It needs to be a heavy material that can really take a beating and it needs to be dark in color (brown).I need at least 40 ft.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks,
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
-Thomas Jefferson-
DRYLOK
hunter

Postby Draker11 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:46 am

Drylok,

Maybe try a local Army Surplus store and see if you can get your hands on some drab drown cargo tank netting. I can almost guarantee you that can take a lickin and keep on tickin...shouldn't be too awfully expensive either. With that, you also have a 3-d effect and if needed, you can break it up even more by stuffing some of the surrounding brush in it and really conceal yourself.

Just my opinion!

Rob
Draker11
hunter

Postby DRYLOK » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:00 pm

Alright thanks. Since I posted that I have discovered Avery "killer Grass".
That matches perfect to the surroundings I hunt in. 1 bundle for $60 is supposed to cover an 18 ft boat. Mine is 16 which will leave me some extra to cover my propane tank.
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
-Thomas Jefferson-
DRYLOK
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting