upland bird hunt?????? anyone know any good places

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker

Postby joekool » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:13 pm

looking for a upland bird hunt around central or southern il i live in belleville and i am looking to get a hunt for me and my pops for a xmas gift and i don't know where there are any places besides rend i just want it to be me and the old man free styling as i call it no guides just us.

can anyone help me does anyone know a cheap club or place where i can get some action at?
take your parents hunting, so you dont have to hunt your parents
joekool
hunter

Re: upland bird hunt?????? anyone know any good places

Postby Sfd714 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:55 pm

I know of 3 places up north here. Quarry ridge hunt club lena il. Rock hollow hunting club Freeport il. And rack and wing lanark il.

Sent from behind the hood of a long nose pete.
Sfd714
hunter

Postby ducksNgeese91 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:40 am

Have you tried horseshoe lake? I've done real good out there "freestyle". Pheasants and quail.
ducksNgeese91
hunter

Postby MOSSBERG935 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:04 am

There are some grass fields down by Oakwood bottoms between Rt. 3 and the Levee. I've seen several people there in past working dogs and hunting.

the property just north of Cemetery Rd, between Cemetery and Muntz Rd to River. Rt. 3 to Levee Rd.

MOSSBERG935
hunter

Postby kb9zgb » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:28 am

Let me know what you find I am not far from you. I saw over by breese Il a public hunt area closer to carlyle lake guys were dove hunting. couldnt tell you any more. Perrie marquette park has a lot of hunt able area http://dnr.state.il.us/lands/landmgt/hu ... prmmap.pdf I have not tried it myself.
kb9zgb
hunter

Postby BRCPres » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:43 am

I know Pyramid State Park near Pinckneyville, IL allows upland game hunting, although I've never hunted for them there ... only waterfowl. Go to the IDNR web site for details. http://dnr.state.il.us/lands/landmgt/parks/r5/pyramid.htm#Hunting. non-toxic shot is required.

I know that you have to have a free annual permit to hunt there, which you register for online. Details are on the web site too.

If you go, let me know how you do. - Bob
BRCPres
hunter

Postby Sir Douglas. » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:03 am

Can't hunt at pyramid without a permit and good luck getting one I have been trying for 3-4 years now and no luck. Also you have to apply in August I believe.
Sir Douglas.
hunter

Postby artedog » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:34 am

guess it's late to respond. Carlyle has pay to hunt pheasants at Hazlett state park. You can go there at 8 am and see if they have additional permits if you don't already have one/reservation already. There is a place in new memphis station called kaskaskia hunt club that is 45.00 for hunting and 2 pheasants or 3 chukar or 5 quail. Also old man Heggamier over near Nashville will put out birds on his property also. These are strictly "put and take" places.
artedog
hunter

Postby 1080tommy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:34 am

I hunt Quarry Ridge Hunt Club in Lena IL and it's a real nice place. Give them a call and I have never had a problem getting into a field there. Good luck.
1080tommy
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting