Looking for partner - Chicago western suburbs

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, Illinois-Ducker

Looking for partner - Chicago western suburbs

Postby j0seguzman » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:58 pm

I'm looking to partner up with someone from oak lawn or the orland park area. Mainly interested in goose hunting on weekends, but would also entertain some duck hunting (next year). I'm willing to shell out some serious cash to complement whatever spread you have. I have a good work ethic and don't mind taking care of the grunt work.
j0seguzman
hunter

Re: Looking for partner - Chicago western suburbs

Postby KillerKowalski » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:18 am

j0seguzman wrote:I'm willing to shell out some serious cash to complement whatever spread you have. I have a good work ethic and don't mind taking care of the grunt work.

I could use a 16 footer and, of course, filled with BFs. And, yes, a Sherpa to carry them out. Please let me know.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Location: Where racketeering, conspiracy, fraud and soliciting of bribes for political appointments is normal

Postby Weedwacker » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:22 am

KillerKowalski wrote:
j0seguzman wrote:I'm willing to shell out some serious cash to complement whatever spread you have. I have a good work ethic and don't mind taking care of the grunt work.

I could use a 16 footer and, of course, filled with BFs. And, yes, a Sherpa to carry them out. Please let me know.

Hey! You told me it had to be 18 to 20 ft and that's what I ordered!!,

Now you are settling for less..... :grooving:
It's not just a duck boat, it is a tatical platform for opportunity- weedwacker 101

Preserve game and hunt with a trained dog- NAVHDA

Google- Pro Staff
Weedwacker
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:10 am

Ha! 20 is to fit the Fiat in it to pull the trailer instead of a quad.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Location: Where racketeering, conspiracy, fraud and soliciting of bribes for political appointments is normal

Postby j0seguzman » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:28 pm

Funny, but I know there are many hunters who are up there in age and on a fixed income. They would not mind some help and would welcome newer decoys to their spread. I'm not trying to take advantage of anyone, just pointing out what I could bring to the partnership. If you are healthy, mobile and with enough disposable income then consider yourself lucky.
j0seguzman
hunter

Postby biscuitsandgravy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:03 pm

Better off going the guided route, the last few years have sucked.
biscuitsandgravy
hunter

Postby j0seguzman » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:00 pm

Thanks, but I really enjoy seeing the results from all the effort put in, for me setting up the decoys and calling the birds in is an integral part of the hunting experience.
j0seguzman
hunter

Postby sureshot 612 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:29 am

not lookin for someone to shell out cash . just looking for someone that has a place to hunt . I'm near i55 and 355 i do public hunts . i do water until the freeze and fields after , let me know , not going to waste time with BS thanks
the no duck dynasty zone
sureshot 612
hunter

Location: where ever i want, back to loner time I'm at the next level.riders for a fee

Postby KillerKowalski » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:42 am

biscuitsandgravy wrote:Better off going the guided route, the last few years have sucked.

Good information.

sureshot 612 wrote:...not going to waste time with BS...

I wasn't BSing. I am serious about the sixteen footer.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:05 am

j0seguzman wrote:I know there are many hunters who are up there in age and on a fixed income. They would not mind some help and would welcome newer decoys to their spread.

Not good to assume. Most veterans have fields and equipment well established over the years. And, some "up in age" have well established incomes and take less risks with their money. As a suggestion, maybe you should start purchasing equipment and/or find fields. Problem with people starting out or relocating is that they don't have anywhere to hunt, so I see your motivation to post. Public ground is a good start. If any one on here feels compelled to take you out, more power to them and you.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby j0seguzman » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:30 am

Thanks.

I do have some equipment but stopped buying as I don't want to buy duplicates to what a potential partner may already have. I have a property on the river and started (late) asking farmers to let me hunt, but everything is taken this year.

BTW: I did not take offense to your comments, a bit unwarranted, but no big deal.

SureShot, pm sent.
j0seguzman
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:19 am

You can never duplicate equipment. Never. It's a sickness of how much you collect over time. Knock on more doors and others will join you. If you have permission from a landowner, ask them for a referral to other landowners that allow hunters. Works most of the time. Constructive criticism.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby Blackmallard40 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:45 pm

Any good hunting near Elgin or St. Charles area?
Blackmallard40
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting