Illinois-SemiAutomatic Gun Ban???

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Re: Illinois-SemiAutomatic Gun Ban???

Postby DRYLOK » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:30 am

Please join us at Illinoiscarry.com to learn how you can help make a difference. I am drylok there too
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
-Thomas Jefferson-
DRYLOK
hunter

Postby WendallMan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:13 am

DRYLOK wrote:Please join us at Illinoiscarry.com to learn how you can help make a difference. I am drylok there too

Looks like they are going to present it on Sunday when the House reconvenes at 5pm.

Please do as DRYLOK has suggested and head over to IllinoisCarry.com to see how you can help. Filling out an opposition slip is easy, and every little bit of help is needed.
WendallMan
hunter

Postby DRYLOK » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:05 am

From Todd Vandermyde 1/4/13 a.m
House staff has called to let us know that the Governor and Chicago Mayor will attempt a gun and magazine ban when the House reconvenes for the lame duck session.

They will reconvene on Sunday at 5pm

Go get 'em. . .

This time guys it's your state representatives you'll be wanting to contact. We don't have a bill number yet but they're going to do the same thing they did this week just the other way around. They'll take a senate bill that has already passed the senate and has nothing to do with guns but then gut it in the house and turn it into a gun grab. We thought the senate was going to be done after today but I think what they're planning is to bring the senate back one more time if the house passes one of these bills.
Please call your reps starting today and tell them you oppose any and all new gun laws.
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
-Thomas Jefferson-
DRYLOK
hunter

Postby DRYLOK » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:08 am

WendallMan wrote:
DRYLOK wrote:Please join us at Illinoiscarry.com to learn how you can help make a difference. I am drylok there too

Looks like they are going to present it on Sunday when the House reconvenes at 5pm.

Please do as DRYLOK has suggested and head over to IllinoisCarry.com to see how you can help. Filling out an opposition slip is easy, and every little bit of help is needed.

Do be careful on those witness slips. It's easy to accidently select proponent instead of oponent. We can't do that until we get an actual bill number though. Sit tight and as soon as we have a bill number we'll post it. Better yet just join us illinoiscarry like I said and then I won't have to cross post so much shhh stuff
-Thomas Jefferson-
DRYLOK
hunter

Postby satguy » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:19 pm

You poor guys in Illinois are screwed. Chicago decides how the rest of the state rolls. Chicago should be a seperate state in its own so the freedom loving rural dwellars can reap the liberty that was bestowed upon them at birth. You can always move to Missouri where we have a republican house and senate with a moderate governor whos veto can be overridden. No FOID cards, ccw for all. We are also in the black here in Missouri. We are not butt deep in debt with unfunded liabilities like the state of Illinois. Best of luck to you all. :fingerhead:
Phowler Extreme 1856
Prodrive 36hp
Avery Quickset blind

If it ain't broke don't fix it
satguy
hunter

Postby biscuitsandgravy » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:51 pm

satguy wrote:You poor guys in Illinois are screwed. Chicago decides how the rest of the state rolls. Chicago should be a seperate state in its own so the freedom loving rural dwellars can reap the liberty that was bestowed upon them at birth. You can always move to Missouri where we have a republican house and senate with a moderate governor whos veto can be overridden. No FOID cards, ccw for all. We are also in the black here in Missouri. We are not butt deep in debt with unfunded liabilities like the state of Illinois. Best of luck to you all. :fingerhead:

Thanks genius.
biscuitsandgravy
hunter

Postby satguy1963 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:26 pm

:huh:
biscuitsandgravy wrote:
satguy wrote:You poor guys in Illinois are screwed. Chicago decides how the rest of the state rolls. Chicago should be a seperate state in its own so the freedom loving rural dwellars can reap the liberty that was bestowed upon them at birth. You can always move to Missouri where we have a republican house and senate with a moderate governor whos veto can be overridden. No FOID cards, ccw for all. We are also in the black here in Missouri. We are not butt deep in debt with unfunded liabilities like the state of Illinois. Best of luck to you all. :fingerhead:

Thanks genius.

Anytime buddy, You all elect them and you get what you get. When the liberal progressives take over your state govt and run all over you, you just have to change it. I mean its not like you had any meaningful gun rights to start with in Illinois. That govt over there has there jackboots just crushing you all. I just call it like I see it, not trying to be harsh just truthful. You do know you are the only state with no ccw law. I bet the Illinois govt answer to combat crime and protect you is to issue every citizen a whistle. States like Missouri who are fiscally responsible look at Illinois as a drain on our country. When Illinois asks for a bailout do you think I want my federal taxes used for that? NO. I am guessing that will be next along with California, New York ect. You need to get your Reps and Senators recognize you are citizens not their loyal subjects. Good luck. :hammer:
satguy1963
hunter

Postby biscuitsandgravy » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:58 pm

satguy1963 wrote::huh:
biscuitsandgravy wrote:

Thanks genius.

Anytime buddy, You all elect them and you get what you get. When the liberal progressives take over your state govt and run all over you, you just have to change it. I mean its not like you had any meaningful gun rights to start with in Illinois. That govt over there has there jackboots just crushing you all. I just call it like I see it, not trying to be harsh just truthful. You do know you are the only state with no ccw law. I bet the Illinois govt answer to combat crime and protect you is to issue every citizen a whistle. States like Missouri who are fiscally responsible look at Illinois as a drain on our country. When Illinois asks for a bailout do you think I want my federal taxes used for that? NO. I am guessing that will be next along with California, New York ect. You need to get your Reps and Senators recognize you are citizens not their loyal subjects. Good luck. :hammer:

1) I'm not your buddy.
2) I didn't elect them.
3) Yes our gun laws suck, I know that.
4) When Illinois asks for a bail-out, I'm sure your wonderful Missouri politicians will vote against it so why worry???
5) No more from me, I may just end up moving to your great state someday. :beer:
biscuitsandgravy
hunter

Postby huntall6 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:47 pm

Can we keep this one on topic fellas?? This is a critical time for us as Americans.

Although it is against the terms and conditions of dhc, I am going to strongly recommend checking out illinoiscarry.com. excellent source of information.

Call your reps NOW!!!
steve-o wrote:Fight like a kid and you will never lose.

vincentpa wrote: My hairdresser is gay.
huntall6
State Moderator

Postby huntall6 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:57 am

the least you fella's can do to help voice your opinion is fill out a witness slip. it takes about a minute and will at least let someone know your stance....

http://my.ilga.gov/WitnessSlip/Create/63457?committeeHearingId=10395&LegislationId=63457
steve-o wrote:Fight like a kid and you will never lose.

vincentpa wrote: My hairdresser is gay.
huntall6
State Moderator

Postby hunter69 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:46 am

Sent mine last night.
hunter69
hunter

Postby DRYLOK » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:08 am

Hold off on the witness slips fellas. The amendment has been filed but we need to wait until it actually goes to committee. Right now if we send them it just makes it look like we're opposing the original bill which has nothing to do with guns. Be very careful filling them out when the time does come it is easy to accidently select proponent instead of oppononent. I'll post up when it goes to committee then we can pound on them
-Thomas Jefferson-
DRYLOK
hunter

Postby jakefields » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:47 am

obama is gay
whack em and stack em
jakefields
Newb

Postby DuckinFool » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:06 pm

Yeah I am sure this will work seeing what a bangup job the Chicago Libs are doing on banning them in Chicago.
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:10 pm

I've driven on your roads and why is the parking lot of my favorite lake crammed full of you yahoo's constantly? No thanks......I left Missouri years ago and ain't going back.
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby DRYLOK » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:43 pm

If it wasn't for the ground I live on being in my family for 5 generations I would pull stakes and move to MO in a heart beat!
-Thomas Jefferson-
DRYLOK
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:52 pm

Is move to Missouri too. Just have to figure out how to make a living.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

Previous

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting