Be careful

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, Illinois-Ducker

Be careful

Postby swampcrawler » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:09 pm

Just wanted everyone to be careful while duck hunting .A GUY WAS KILLED in Missouri WHEN HIS GUN ACCIDENTLY WENT OFF.Please be careful and ALWAYS make sure your gun is on safe.A duck isn't worth what his family is going through.
swampcrawler
hunter

Re: Be careful

Postby 1080tommy » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:53 pm

Terrible to hear!!! Condolences to his family. I saw a fellow hunter pass away earlier this season and every time I hear something like this happening, it really hits home.
1080tommy
hunter

Postby Weedwacker » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:25 am

And, it doesn't hurt to look at the person gun to the left and or right of you while sitting in the blind.

We had a guide years ago who we saw not putting the safety on, said he forgets to un do it when stands up to shoot so he doesn't use it. "My barrel is pointed up"' , yes so is my dog and me when I am outside the blind.

We refuse to pay him if he didn't put the safe on.....
It's not just a duck boat, it is a tatical platform for opportunity- weedwacker 101

Preserve game and hunt with a trained dog- NAVHDA

"In looking back thru his posts over there he kind of thinks of himself as the zen of all things fowl."
Weedwacker
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:09 am

My shotgun has the red paint on the safety painted a bit too much. A bit of red shows when it's on safe and people are constantly asking me to check it. It's ok. Keeps me safe.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby buckwild » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:24 am

At various points throughout the hunt, one of us will say 'safety check", and we will all check our safetys. Not a bad idea, and something we are all on board with.
buckwild
hunter

Postby swampcrawler » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:12 pm

buckwild wrote:At various points throughout the hunt, one of us will say 'safety check", and we will all check our safetys. Not a bad idea, and something we are all on board with.

That is one of the best ideas i've heard in the 2 years i have been on dhc.Thanks :thumbsup:
swampcrawler
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting