Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.
Moderators: lostpup, MM, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6
did they stop using neck bands because it froze the neck and killed the goose or other reasons?
whack em and stack em
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:36 pm
I've heard a few different stories, the most recent being. That the collars made them too much of a poaching target and could and would endanger hunters from rifle shots across fields even more than it happens now.
- Forum & State Moderator
- Posts: 2975
- Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:54 pm
- Location: south eastern illinois
Not sure why they quit, but I saw an orange neck band on a goose on Shelbyville in January 2011. How long ago did they quit?
- Posts: 95
- Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:56 am
That was just a rumor, neck collars are still being used.
- State Moderator
- Posts: 1655
- Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:06 am
- Location: God's Country MO by way of So IL
I have not seen one in a longggg time.
Sent from my Super Mag
- Posts: 223
- Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:20 am
Return to Illinois Duck Hunting
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Jeremy66 and 5 guests