Gurnie

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Gurnie

Postby Pintailjoe » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:34 pm

Anybody hunt around gurnie(Bass Pro shops) and is it a club?
Pintailjoe
hunter

Postby duckhntr82 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:28 am

i don't hunt up there but my buddy Wade Walling is hunting up there with Rob sprow (Big goose hunting Guide) this weekend... thers also a big goose calling contest up there this weekend i hear. Hope my buddy wins again.
Scott Juda
duckhntr82
hunter

Postby KpHonknImRloadn » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:38 pm

Rob Sprow with Ultimate Waterfowlers, is definitely the way to go. The goose hunting in this area has picked up in the last number of years, and although it has been a little slow it is about to get fired up soon. If anyone wants more information I would be glad to give it to you. Rob is also opening a Pheasant club and sporting clays range in Lake Geneva Wisconsin
KpHonknImRloadn
hunter

Postby duckhntr82 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:22 pm

Yeah, my buddy Wade did some guideing for him and they didn't see much up there... but it was a bad day for hunting. can't complain thou cuz this whole season has been bad weather
Scott Juda
duckhntr82
hunter

Postby KpHonknImRloadn » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:49 pm

Yeah, weve had a bad year up hear so far, hopefully it will pick up pretty soon. By the looks of the amount of birds flyin around here in milwaukee it will. since im in college i cant hunt all i want, but i have seen some neck collars flyin around
KpHonknImRloadn
hunter

Postby rrizzo1 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:34 pm

I have also heard great things about Matt Porters outfit. I live in Mchenry Co. myself & know quite a few people who have slammed the canada's with his crew. He guarentees 100% success
rrizzo1
Newb

Postby JBroda » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:50 pm

I hunted with Rob this year for early season goose. We had good time although we didn't see any birds. He runs a good outfit and I will book a hunt with him again, just not in Sept.
-John
The dog in the kennel barks at his fleas; The dog that hunts does not feel them
JBroda
Newb

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting