A guy at ***** sporting goods

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker

A guy at ***** sporting goods

Postby asmythe32 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:32 am

I was in there the other day looking at guns. It is the only place within a short driving distance that has a big selection. I was looking over the M2 and talking to the clerk. I asked him if he thought it was worth the extra 600 to go to the SBE2 he said yes. I asked why he felt that way and he said it is great for goose hunting if you want to shoot 3.5 inch shells "and you can float the 4th shell on that gun"I was sort of in shock that the gun counter guy would be telling people this?? I didn't say anything else just handed them the gun back and left. Anyone ever had the gun counter guy tell them something like this? I would hate for him to be selling these guns based on the fact that floating the 4th is possible.
asmythe32
hunter

Re: A guy at ***** sporting goods

Postby Dbishop311 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:36 am

Apparently he doesnt know his guns. You cant float a 4th on a SBE2 unless you modify it.
No contest ring. No gimmicks. No compromising. It’s just pure, raw, balls-to-the-wall, don’t tell your mother, most powerful, non-nuclear duck calling machine on the planet.This call may not be for everyone. But if you can drive it, Game over......
Dbishop311
hunter

Postby USMC03-07 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:11 pm

Dbishop311 wrote:Apparently he doesnt know his guns. You cant float a 4th on a SBE2 unless you modify it.

1- As stated, you can not float a 4th shell in a SBE II, but with that being said it is def. worth the money I bought one last year and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

2- *****, IMHO, sucks for hunting gear, decoys, guns etc. All employees I have met are goobers and have the slightest idea of what guys really want. Their buyers are also oblivious. They pulled the "mean" looking rifles from their shelves, including the 22 conversions.
USMC03-07
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:09 pm

The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby charlie beard » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:22 am

You can also get a ticket from Mr Greenjeans for floaters.
"If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara desert,
in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand"
charlie beard
hunter

Postby asmythe32 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:06 am

I think it is very unethical to do this as it is against the law. But it makes you wonder how many of these new waterfowl hunters have been told this. Makes me wonder if this leads to the jerks that are shooting at ducks from 60 yards just because they have 4 shells
asmythe32
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:41 am

There are quite a few guys behind those gun counters, especially in stores like *****, that have no clue what they are talking about.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby Dbishop311 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:44 am

Gander Mountain is another. Buncha clueless idiots.
No contest ring. No gimmicks. No compromising. It’s just pure, raw, balls-to-the-wall, don’t tell your mother, most powerful, non-nuclear duck calling machine on the planet.This call may not be for everyone. But if you can drive it, Game over......
Dbishop311
hunter

Postby BuckCreek » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:33 pm

The stoeger m3500 will float forth shell as well which is nice when snow goose hunting during the conservation season good for that but definitely not worth a ticket during duck season.
BuckCreek
hunter

Postby Blackcloud870 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:37 pm

asmythe32 wrote:I think it is very unethical to do this as it is against the law. But it makes you wonder how many of these new waterfowl hunters have been told this. Makes me wonder if this leads to the jerks that are shooting at ducks from 60 yards just because they have 4 shells

:eek:
threedogs wrote: wrote:One word, Inflatable decoys......

DanJeffandJack wrote:I just drink beer and crush box.

That's how I remain the physical specimen that I am.
Blackcloud870
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:05 pm

For an extra $600 you can have an extra Supermag 11-87 sitting there and have 6 shots available. And I believe a second gun is legal.
:yes:
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby asmythe32 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:32 pm

Blackcloud870 wrote:
asmythe32 wrote:I think it is very unethical to do this as it is against the law. But it makes you wonder how many of these new waterfowl hunters have been told this. Makes me wonder if this leads to the jerks that are shooting at ducks from 60 yards just because they have 4 shells

i am confused by this, lol
asmythe32
hunter

Postby Blackcloud870 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:28 am

asmythe32 wrote:
Blackcloud870 wrote:

i am confused by this, lol

Hahaha, That was one of those times I'd wished we had a facepalm emoticon, but I completely agree with you.
threedogs wrote: wrote:One word, Inflatable decoys......

DanJeffandJack wrote:I just drink beer and crush box.

That's how I remain the physical specimen that I am.
Blackcloud870
hunter

Postby supr87gt » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:13 pm

USMC03-07 wrote:
Dbishop311 wrote:- *****, IMHO, sucks for hunting gear, decoys, guns etc. All employees I have met are goobers and have the slightest idea of what guys really want.

Funny you'd mention that. I asked the guy behind the gun counter for non-toxic 410 shells. He replied "Will lead work?"
supr87gt
hunter

Postby badbowtie » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:06 pm

BuckCreek wrote:The stoeger m3500 will float forth shell as well which is nice when snow goose hunting during the conservation season good for that but definitely not worth a ticket during duck season.

You can take your plug out for conservation season and have mag extensions .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
badbowtie
State Moderator

Postby redbeardhd90 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:01 pm

In ***** this weekend. Never again, they are just too clueless.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
redbeardhd90
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting