Concealed carry Bill

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, Illinois-Ducker

Concealed carry Bill

Postby asmythe32 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:59 pm

I was just looking at the synopsis for the bill and noticed that it said a firearm could be carried concealed or openly on or about your person. I assume openly means open carry in a holster? If so how likely do you think this will be?
asmythe32
hunter

Re: Concealed carry Bill

Postby Sfd714 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:27 pm

Got a link for it?

Sent from behind the hood of a long nose pete.
Sfd714
hunter

Postby asmythe32 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:05 pm

asmythe32
hunter

Postby DRYLOK » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:32 am

As the new legislation rolls out you'll notice there are a few different carry bills we're introducing. The one posted above is not the one we're going to push. Most likely the way it will be is concealed or mostly concealed. We just wrote it that way so people don't get in trouble if they print or accidently expose it a bit.
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
-Thomas Jefferson-
DRYLOK
hunter

Postby jimkoz » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:00 am

Question. Is there an advantage to obtaining a Utah permit now ? If it passes in illinois?
jimkoz
hunter

Postby supr87gt » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:24 am

jimkoz wrote:Question. Is there an advantage to obtaining a Utah permit now ? If it passes in illinois?

It probably depends on what other states will recognize Illinois permits.
supr87gt
hunter

Postby jimkoz » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:24 am

Thanks. There is a class in Feb in Tinley Park put on by Anywhereccw. Anyone had experience with them?
jimkoz
hunter

Postby DRYLOK » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:42 am

Yes it would be best to get Utah, Florida and or Arizona for the sake of reciprocity. When ours goes into affect there will be 11 states that will honor it, those are the states that honor ALL ccw. Beyond that it will take a while for us to get reciprocity agreements with the several other states.
If you have taken NRA Basic Pistol, the hunter safety course or have a DD-214 you can get AZ and FL now. I think those certs also satisfy UT now but can't remember for sure. I don't have the number for FL but you can call Arizona CCW unit at 800/256/6280 and request an application be sent to you. I think the gals name is Diane, very kind lady.
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
-Thomas Jefferson-
DRYLOK
hunter

Postby supr87gt » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:07 am

DRYLOK wrote:Yes it would be best to get Utah, Florida and or Arizona for the sake of reciprocity. When ours goes into affect there will be 11 states that will honor it, those are the states that honor ALL ccw. Beyond that it will take a while for us to get reciprocity agreements with the several other states.
If you have taken NRA Basic Pistol, the hunter safety course or have a DD-214 you can get AZ and FL now. I think those certs also satisfy UT now but can't remember for sure. I don't have the number for FL but you can call Arizona CCW unit at 800/256/6280 and request an application be sent to you. I think the gals name is Diane, very kind lady.

Very good info. Any updates on timeframes?
supr87gt
hunter

Postby jimkoz » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:12 am

Dryloc: Thanks for your response. As usual you are very helpful to all of us seeking answers.
jimkoz
hunter

Postby DRYLOK » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:06 pm

We're waiting to find out if the 7th will hear the Enbanc reveiw that was requested by Madigan. She also has until the first of March to appeal to SCOTUS. But none the less the 180 day clock is ticking away

http://free.timeanddate.com/countdown/i ... 9T12:00:00
-Thomas Jefferson-
DRYLOK
hunter

Postby DRYLOK » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:11 pm

Oh I forgot, also NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course will probably in part or in whole satisfy the training requirements for our ccw. Can't make any promises but it's looking good so far. Find an instructor in your area and go take it so you have that much out of the way and even if you don't end up needing it, training is never a bad thing.

Find An Instructor, Make sure you select NRA BASIC PISTOL SHOOTING COURSE, then type in your zip and a radious. I posted my first class of 2013 this past Saturday and it's full already and it's not even until March 16, so people are getting anxious.
http://www.nrainstructors.org/searchcourse.aspx
-Thomas Jefferson-
DRYLOK
hunter

Postby jimkoz » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:37 pm

Good Advice! Doesn't hurt to have proper training. There are quite a few coming up where I live.
jimkoz
hunter

Postby DRYLOK » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:43 pm

Yes people are coming out of the wood work asking for basic, ccw, inside the home and all kinds of training. Thankfully, instructors are coming more and more too.
-Thomas Jefferson-
DRYLOK
hunter

Postby Greentimber70 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:36 am

I can't help but wonder if Illinois does pass a concealed carry law, how difficult and at what cost will it be to obtain a permit? You hear a lot of rumors and talk and we won't know anything for sure until all is said and done. But I'm hearing that it's going to take major hoop jumping (beyond taking a class) on the part of the applicant to obtain one. And outlandish fees and scrutiny to keep it. Again, this is in the wind, not neccessarily what will or won't happen. However given that the powers that be in the state are fighting this so vehemently, it wouldn't surprise me if it did. Their logic of course being; make it so difficult to attain,intrusive and expensive that most people won't bother.
Greentimber70
hunter

Postby Sfd714 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:06 pm

Greentimber70 wrote:I can't help but wonder if Illinois does pass a concealed carry law, how difficult and at what cost will it be to obtain a permit? You hear a lot of rumors and talk and we won't know anything for sure until all is said and done. But I'm hearing that it's going to take major hoop jumping (beyond taking a class) on the part of the applicant to obtain one. And outlandish fees and scrutiny to keep it. Again, this is in the wind, not neccessarily what will or won't happen. However given that the powers that be in the state are fighting this so vehemently, it wouldn't surprise me if it did. Their logic of course being; make it so difficult to attain,intrusive and expensive that most people won't bother.

I too have ben hearing the same things, i fear they will be true.

Sent from behind the hood of a long nose pete.
Sfd714
hunter

Postby DRYLOK » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:51 pm

They don't have the votes to pass an arbitrary, may issue, piece of crap carry bill. Negotiations are moving along pretty good. Don't pay attention to what you see politicians say on tv for the cameras, that's just a dog and pony show
-Thomas Jefferson-
DRYLOK
hunter

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:35 pm

For anyone that knows...( :umm: Drylok)...

If I hold a Utah Concealed Permit, and IL passes CC, will the Utah permit still be vailid in all of the states that it currently is before I obtain the IL Permit?

For example...

If I have the Utah Permit, and IL passes CC but I don't have the IL Permit yet, can I still go to Wisconsin, and legally carry as an IL resident?

This came up in the class...just looking for clarification.

Thanks in advance!
luie b wrote:I think you guys were right.
Feelin' Fowl
hunter

Postby riverrat47 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:38 am

The NRA endorsed bill failed by 7 votes in the House, last night.
Semper Fi, Marines

Casey 1997-2011 RIP
riverrat47
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting